Our presence as a world leader in the engineering and production
of DC motors is built upon a distinguished record of pioneering
achievement in the steel and mining industries.
Working with the steel industry, Westinghouse developed and installed
- First electric motors in an American steel mill (1891)
- First electric drive for main rolls
- First reversing mill drive
- First large twin-motor reversing mill drive
Some of our significant achievements in the mining industry
- First application of separately excited shunt-wound
- First Ward Leonard dragline systems
- First vertical
- First laminated frame generators
- First dual circuit generator system
Among the many Westinghouse "firsts" in the history of DC
motors was the nation's first reversing rolling mill motor
(pictured above), which was installed in 1905.
Perpetuating a proud tradition, TECO-Westinghouse has continued
through the years to refine our DC motor product lines with quality
enhancing features that secure our position of leadership within
a Quote for a custom engineered product!