Plan, develop, coordinate, administer and perform the principal accounting and financial activities of the company, utilizing the latest techniques, procedures and methods.
- Develop, review or implement new procedures, methods, systems and techniques for processing financial data. Insure adequate controls and utilization of the latest and best accounting principles.
- Generate and convert financial data into report form through the use of computer software. Reports include divisional, company, or consolidated financial statements on a monthly and annual basis.
- Develop and support presentations of financial results.
- Investigate the costs variance and explain the cause effect. Propose to the management of corrective action.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Assist external audit process to ensure the data is provided and in compliance with the regulations.
- Provide technical guidance, instruction and assistance to lower classified accounting personnel.
- Conduct annual physical inventories, including those in Round Rock or at assigned regional warehouses.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TECO-Westinghouse (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
CRITICAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Extensive experience with personal computer software, including spreadsheet and word processing programs, is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A. in Accounting or Finance) from four-year college or university; and three to six years related experience and/or training in general accounting, budgeting, or cost accounting, with a comprehensive understanding of GAAP; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA preferred
- An advanced degree (MBA) may be substituted in lieu of some of the experience requirement (up to two years).
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Ability to apply fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
Benefits & Opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation package, attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and many opportunities to continue your professional growth.
Qualified candidates should send résumés along with salary requirements and the title of the position that is being applied for to:
Attn: Human Resources
5100 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.