Accountant – Tax
The accountant will handle all aspects of tax compliance in both domestic and foreign currencies. Additionally, this individual coordinates, collaborates and interfaces in a wide array of other essential business activities and special projects.
- Prepare tax compliance for companies in 2 countries – US and Canada (including, but not limited to: income, multi-state sales/use, VAT, property,
annual reports, business license)
- Coordinate R&D tax study as well as tax audits
- Manage sales/use tax exemption certificates in a high volume environment
- Daily review sales orders for accuracy of taxability
- Navigate and troubleshoot tax software systems
- Tax research and memorandums
- Prepare monthly reconciliations and quarterly audit samples
- Direct interface and collaboration with internal and external parties (including but not limited to Internal Department Managers and Executive Staff, Parent Company, Tax and Financial and Tax Auditors, Vendors, Customers and Consultants) to resolve issues and accomplish tasks
- Assists supervisor to streamline, revise, develop, and implement processes, policies and procedures as related to the area of responsibility
- Special projects and other duties as assigned by upper management
- Time management and flexibility during tax deadlines
- Training of field sales staff
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- CPA or Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Accounting from a four year college or university
- Tax accounting experience, preferably in a corporate environment
- One Source Indirect Tax and Tax Provision and/or SAP a plus
- Effective written and oral communication and computer skills
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
Benefits & Opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation package, attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and many opportunities to continue your professional growth.
Qualified candidates should send résumés along with salary requirements and the title of the position that is being applied for to:
Attn: Human Resources
5100 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.