Review customer specifications and requirements to select and price equipment. Make written and telephone quotations; answer customer inquiries; assist in sales presentations and closing orders; work within company guidelines regarding pricing, delivery, terms and conditions, and product offering; develop product knowledge and sales skills.
- Provide direct support to existing customers to identify their needs and help solve their problems or complaints. Work with Field Sales and internal resources to develop new customers within his/her defined market.
- Promote team efforts in selling by acting as the internal advocate and liaison for TECO-Westinghouse Field Sales and customers. Internally coordinate TECO-Westinghouse’s Sales approach across all parties in the procurement process: E/C, OEM, Distributor, and User. Conduct correspondence and negotiations with customers and TECO-Westinghouse.
- Use engineering design program to design induction motors to frame sizes and costing. Work with engineering on complex motor designs and manufacturing engineering on costing of such motors.
- Prepare the technical document that transmits the customer order to engineering.
- Maintain negotiation records, cost, price and negotiate motor inquiries, and obtain and interpret orders. Gain proficiency in the order entry process.
- Contribute to monthly reports as required.
- Provide technical assistance to customers in the selection, application, operation and maintenance of TECO-Westinghouse products and services. Assist with customer presentations and assemble technical/commercial proposal data on time and complete. Provide marketing literature to customers as needed.
- Learn product knowledge on all products.
- Implement sales plans and strategies.
- Provide feedback on competitive pricing strategy.
- Be cognizant of antitrust laws and company policies.
- Become familiar with customers business practices and procedures as they relate to his/her duties.
- Increase technical competence and develop professionally for Sales Representative responsibilities.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TECO-Westinghouse (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
- Daily contact with Field Sales Representatives.
- Daily contact via personal, phone and written correspondence with other application specialists.
- Daily contact with customers via telephone and written correspondence.
- Occasional overnight travel for customer visits.
- Promote TECO-Westinghouse Personnel and Facility Capabilities through coordination of and hosting customer visits to TECO-Westinghouse’s facility.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree preferred; or 2-4 years related experience and /or training in Industrial Products
- Computer knowledge required. Microsoft Office proficiency is a must.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
Benefits & Opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation package, attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and many opportunities to continue your professional growth.
Qualified candidates should send résumés along with salary requirements and the title of the position that is being applied for to:
Attn: Human Resources
5100 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.