Application Specialist Associate
Maintain product information, product support, and assist internal and external customers; answer customer inquiries. Assist in sales support of product offering, in both written, and/or internet format. Make written and telephone quotations; assist in sales presentations and closing orders; deliver, terms and conditions, and product offering; develop product knowledge and sales skills.
- Communicate with factories in order to keep product information complete and current.
- Provide direct support to existing customers to identify their needs and help solve their problems or complaints.
- Daily resolutions of product questions and quality.
- Promote team efforts in selling by acting as the internal advocate and liaison for TECO-Westinghouse Field Sales and customers.
- Internally coordinate TECO-Westinghouse’s Sales approach across all parties in the procurement process: E/C, OEM, Distributor and End User.
- Conduct correspondence and negotiations with customers and TECO-Westinghouse.
- Prepare the technical document that transmits the customer order to engineering.
- Work with engineering on keeping our library complete and up to date on submittal data, drawings, performance data and curves, web based support, application assistance, and parts and our stock product.
- Maintain a library of parts and product information, and technical references in both electronic and hard copy.
- Maintain cost, price and negotiate technical inquiries for parts; and obtain and interpret orders.
- Gain proficiency in the order entry process.
- Contribute to monthly reports as required.
- Provide technical assistance to customers in the selection, application, operation and maintenance of TECO-Westinghouse products and services. Assist with customer presentation and assemble technical/commercial proposal data on time and complete.
- Provide marketing literature to customers as needed.
- Learn product knowledge on all products.
- Become familiar with customers business practices and procedures as they relate to his/her duties.
- Increase technical competence and develop professionally for Sales Representative responsibilities.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TECO-Westinghouse (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail and Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
- Daily contact with Field Sales Representatives.
- Daily contact via phone and written correspondence with other Application Specialist and Contracts Administrators.
- Daily contact with customers via telephone and written correspondence.
- Promote TECO-Westinghouse personnel and facility capabilities through coordination of and hosting customer visits to TECO-Westinghouse’s facility.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred; or High School diploma or GED; and one year experience and/or training in Industrial Products.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level is in the work environment is usually moderate.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
Benefits & Opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation package, attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and many opportunities to continue your professional growth.
Qualified candidates should send résumés along with salary requirements and the title of the position that is being applied for to:
Attn: Human Resources
5100 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.