Active – FULL TIME REGULAR
Round Rock, TX, US
Review customer specifications and requirements to select and price equipment. Make written and telephone quotations; answer customer inquiries; assist in sales presentations and closing orders; work within company guidelines regarding pricing, delivery, terms and conditions and product offering; develop product knowledge and sales skills.
- Provide direct support to existing customers to identify their needs and help solve their problems or complaints. Work with Field Sales and internal resources to develop new customers within his/her defined market.
- Promote team efforts in selling by acting as the internal advocate and liaison for TWMC Field Sales and customers. Internally coordinate TWMC’s Sales approach across all parties in the procurement process: E/C, OEM, Distributor, and User. Conduct correspondence and negotiations with customers and TWMC.
- Use engineering design program to design induction motors to establish frame sizes and costing. Work with engineering on complex motor designs and manufacturing engineering on costing of such motors.
- Prepare the technical document that transmits the customer order to engineering.
- Maintain negotiation records cost, price and negotiate motor inquiries, and obtain and interpret orders. Gain proficiency in the order entry process.
- Contribute to monthly reports as required.
- Provide technical assistance to customers in the selection, application, operation and maintenance of TECO-Westinghouse products and services. Assist with customer presentations and assemble technical/commercial proposal data on time and complete. Provide marketing literature to customers as needed.
- Gain product knowledge on all products.
- Implement sales plans and strategies.
- Provide feedback on competitive pricing strategy.
- Be cognizant of antitrust laws and company policies.
- Become familiar with customers business practices and procedures as they relate to his/her duties.
- Increase technical competence and develop professionally for Sales Representative responsibilities.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Comply with all Company policies, including Company ISO 9001 Standards, Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TWMC (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
- Daily contact with Field Sales Representatives.
- Daily contact via personal, phone and written correspondence with other application specialists.
- Daily contact with customers via telephone and written correspondence.
- Occasional overnight travel for customer visits.
- Promote TWMC personnel and facility capabilities through coordination of and hosting customer visits to TWMC’s facility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree preferred; or 2-4 years related experience and /or training in Industrial Products
- Computer knowledge required. Microsoft Office proficiency is a must.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
As required, based on job responsibilities, education and customer specific needs.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, standards, operating and maintenance instructions, white papers and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense and to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Drive to learn new skills, acquire knowledge and apply it to practical situations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to identify a solution to a problem involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
General supervision will be provided. Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively and take ownership of assigned projects in a fast paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company’s (TWMC) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TWMC may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.