Creates 3D models, detailed product drawings, drawing revisions, bill of materials, simplified product design layouts, schematics and other documents necessary to build the product according to customer specifications and performance requirements, and meeting schedule deadlines. The Design Technician receives directions from engineers and designers, and follows standard drafting methods and established design guidelines.
- Create and review 3D models, detailed product drawings, drawing revisions, bill of materials, simplified product design layouts, schematics and other documents necessary to build the product in a timely manner as required by product build schedule.
- Support product development by generating sub-set models, layouts, sketches and related documentation to determine product functionality and feasibility.
- Support sales during negotiation process by generating outline drawings and other documents following established design guidelines in a timely manner.
- Support other departments by addressing technical questions within the scope of specific projects, and his/her work.
- Process and write revision notices as directed by more senior designers or design technicians.
- Build and maintain proficiency in drafting practices. Contribute to the development and documentation of best drafting and design practices within a specific product line.
- Provide input to training materials and assist in the training of new hires.
- Participate in product improvement, standardization, productivity improvement, cost reduction, and cycle time reduction initiatives.
- Check in and check out CAD models and other documents into PDM system following established procedures.
- Execute own tasks with accuracy striving for 100% on time completion.
- Perform work of a higher classified nature on an occasional basis.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
- The position requires daily contact with all levels of TWMC and customers including Engineering, Marketing, Factory Operations, Supply Chain, Service and Accounting.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Two to four years related experience and/or training in industrial drafting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in CATIA or SolidWorks.
- Proficiency in SmarTeam or Enovia.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- As required, based on job responsibilities, education and customer specific needs.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, standards, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense, and understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Drive to learn new skills, acquire knowledge and apply to practical situations.
- Bias for action.
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret manufacturing drawings, repair specifications, test results, and technical journals.
- Respond to inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Communicate effectively in the presence of top management, customers, trade associations, and other public groups.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Identify a solution to a problem involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- General supervision will be provided.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively and take ownership of assigned projects in a fast paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.