Round Rock, TX, US
Creates 3D and 2D detail and assembly drawings, drawing revisions, and other documentation from existing standards, sketches, computer data, and layouts using standard drafting methods and techniques as required to meet company schedules. May be asked to create simplified product design layouts as required with direction from Designers and Design Engineers.
If applicable , for Automation group work, creates 3D parametric models that support Production department needs. This scope may include the development and of special projects as related to Automation group goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates and checks detail and assembly drawings, drawing revisions and other associated paperwork as required to meet company schedules.
- Initiates and follows layout review process as required.
- Assist in CADAM data management functions and CADAM drawing release files and file backup data as required.
- Guides and contributes in the training and instruction of Design Technicians and others as required.
- Assist Design Engineering and Manufacturing in cost improvement and Total Quality programs.
- Perform work of a higher classified nature on an occasional basis.
- Monitor work processes, measures and documents to improve processes, cycle time, and performance.
- If applicable, as related to Automation group work efforts:
- Work with more senior Automation group to define and implement process that streamline an enhance automation efforts.
- Originate and release 3D models and 2D graphics for production use.
- Provide automation support to other departments, as needed.
- Assist in the creation of training materials for use by Production group.
- Assist in the training of new employees (both Automation and Production groups).
- Test software/hardware related to Production and IT support.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TWMC (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS:
- High frequency of contact with Designers, Design Technicians, and Team Leaders in the assignment of work and the development of information and details to create graphics.
- Frequent contact with Design Engineers for clarification of design details and resolution of problems.
- Occasional contact with Manufacturing Engineer for clarification of manufacturing details and resolution of problems.
- Occasional contact with Quality Assurance personnel with regard to drawing inspection criteria and other drawings methods related to Quality Assurance.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; Two to four years related experience and/or training in Industrial drafting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
Benefits & Opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation package, attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and many opportunities to continue your professional growth.
Qualified candidates should send résumés along with salary requirements and the title of the position that is being applied for to:
Attn: Human Resources
5100 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.