Assume engineering responsibility for the design and development of specific detailed phases of Induction, motors; including the design, implementation, creation, and training of new design processes and utilities. This is to be accomplished by working under the guidance and direction of higher level engineers.
- Work on design and development of the Company’s products, including making calculations, preparing computer programs and writing the mechanical and electrical design specifications.
- Prepare engineering data on new designs. This work includes a variety of engineering activities, but assignment is generally to specific phases. Advise manufacturing personnel in construction, specifications and procedures and assist in conducting tests in assigned areas and phases of responsibility.
- Develop understanding of the design intent behind motor components so that correct part equations and assembly construction and constraints can be applied to 3-D Solid Models. Research and rationalize historical design differences to be able to apply a consistency to the solids being developed. Design spreadsheets of dimensional data for model resizing.
- Responsible for managing new and existing projects to completion.
- Monitor work processes, measures and documents to improve processes, cycle time and performance. Contribute to and provide support to Design Engineering in developing and maintaining logic and data for automated engineering and drafting systems.
- Provide engineering support to the Marketing Department on new negotiations.
- Participate with others in the preparation of instruction books, service manuals and similar technical data.
- Work under the guidance of higher level engineers, product standardization and on new product development.
- Assist in the developmental of engineers with less experience.
- Work on product improvements.
- Analyze project requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Performs analysis and calculations to properly size components used in design of engineered products.
- Develops schematics, bills of material, and other documentation necessary to design, manufacture, install, and commission engineered products.
- Designs and documents application software requirements for engineered products.
- Develops and directs software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Consults with customer concerning access, usability, functions, features and maintenance requirements.
- Coordinates commissioning of engineered products.
- Assists application engineers with calculations of harmonics, thermal stresses, etc.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TWMC (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
- Frequent contacts with engineers, supervisors, and non-supervisory personnel to gather and explain information related to assigned areas of work.
- Occasional contacts with suppliers, Purchasing, Sales and Service department representatives, manufacturing supervisors, shop and laboratory personnel and engineers related to assigned projects.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university in Engineering or Physical Science; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years experience using CATIA, SmarTeam and MS-Office.
- Three to five years design experience using:
- Adjustable Speed Drives
- API 541 and 547
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
Benefits & Opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation package, attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and many opportunities to continue your professional growth.
Qualified candidates should send résumés along with salary requirements and the title of the position that is being applied for to:
Attn: Human Resources
5100 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.