Creates complex product design models, layouts, parts details for new standard products and modifications of existing products as required through applicable engineering interface and design specifications, sketches, computer data, and other pertinent design notes. Produces models and layouts in sufficient detail so that complex design drawings and systems can be produced to meet company schedules at minimum cost.
- Contributes and provides support to Design Engineering in developing and maintaining logic and data for automated engineering and drafting systems.
- Guides and contributes in the training and instruction of design technicians and others as required.
- Participates in and contributes to design, systems, and manufacturing cost improvement programs.
- Reviews performance and progress of Design Technicians and provides input to Team Leader and/or Departmental Manager.
- Develops and maintains CAD proficiency. Review and develop new CAD systems hardware and software as required.
- Coordinates, organizes, and directs special design projects and work assignments when assigned, and provides progress and status feedback.
- Creates and checks complex detail and assembly drawings, drawing revisions, and other associated paperwork as required to meet company schedules.
- Monitor work processes, measures and documents to improve processes, cycle time, and performance.
- Solid Modeling including the creation of the 3-D components, assemblies, and documentation, while maintaining design intent. Preparation of related software and documentation as needed.
- Design program improvements and enhancements identifying errors and/or omissions and then preparing the logic statements.
- Assist in the training and retraining of personnel on CATIA to develop and maintain CATIA proficiency as required.
- Support the Engineering department regarding 3-D Solid modeling problems and questions.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TECO-Westinghouse (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
- High frequency contact with Design, Computer Information Systems, and Manufacturing Engineers in the development of design layouts and systems for cost improvements of new and existing product lines, processes and customer orders.
- Frequent contact with Manufacturing Engineers for clarification of manufacturing methods and resolution of problems.
- Occasional contact with Marketing to provide information and resolve problems.
- Occasional contact with Quality Assurance to provide information and resolve problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent work experience.
- Ten years related experience and/or training on electric motors and generators; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Receives work assignments, schedules and direction from Management.
- Receives design guidance from Electrical and Mechanical Design Engineers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
Benefits & Opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation package, attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and many opportunities to continue your professional growth.
Qualified candidates should send résumés along with salary requirements and the title of the position that is being applied for to:
Attn: Human Resources
5100 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.