Facilities / Fac Maint Manager
Round Rock, TX, US
Manage the day to day activities of the facilities and equipment maintenance teams, as well as contracted services, including but not limited to security, janitorial, and landscaping services. Manage operation and maintenance of the facility physical plant. Coordinate and direct the design, planning, construction, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, and other systems.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Serve the needs over 300 internal customers whose requests may vary day to day, and from department to department, for a 450,000 square foot manufacturing, design, and corporate division headquarters.
- Identify and initiate meaningful improvements that increase productivity, reduce equipment downtime, reduce operating costs, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Evaluate and recommend methods for improving plant energy efficiency or utilization, and reducing energy cost.
- Direct maintenance activities on utility systems to ensure a reliable continuous supply of heat, electric power, gas, water, and compressed air as required for operations.
- Ensure facility remains in compliance with all applicable governmental regulations and requirements.
- Plan, coordinate, and direct repair, maintenance, modification and/or installation of machines, tools, and equipment to support evolving business needs.
- Oversee and direct maintenance personnel and/or contractors engaged in facility renovation, construction, and repair projects.
- Facilitate leasing of unutilized space within facility, and act as company representative for transactions and communication with tenant.
- Develop, administer, and continuously improve preventive maintenance programs.
- Inspect machinery and equipment for conformance with operational and maintenance standards.
- Plan, budget, and schedule plant modifications including cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts, and contracts for construction and equipment acquisitions.
- Inspect construction, installation and maintenance activities progress to ensure conformance to established specifications.
- Review new product plans, in conjunction with manufacturing engineering, to provide input regarding changes or additions to facility or equipment needed to support new product introduction.
- Provide training to employees to improve work performance and acquaint workers with company policies and procedures.
- Confer with management, engineering, and quality assurance to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operation and condition of machines and equipment.
- Prepare department operating and capital expenditure budgets and monitor expenditures to ensure adherence to budget.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TWMC (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, and Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Other functions as required
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
- Must be able to interact and communicate with all levels of management, supervision, and employees with a high level of professionalism and regard for internal customer satisfaction. Must be open minded and easily accept inputs. Ultimately be able to articulate a decision or input to management that will be in the best interest of the business and company.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university and one to two years of related experience and/or training; or 10 years of facilities management / supervision experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of plant systems, including electrical distribution systems
- Familiarity with OSHA and NFPA requirements and specifications
- Program or department budget management experience
- Contractor trades management background
- 5 years of experience in project management is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Certified Facility Manager® or similar accreditation is preferred, but not required.
LANGUAGE / COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Able to perform all of the following: Read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Respond effectively and appropriately to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Able to communicate effectively at all levels is crucial.
- Able to apply mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Able to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Able to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Solid, above average problem solving and prioritization skills are required.
- Work under general supervision from Regional Sales Manager.
- Self-sufficient with constructive direction and guidance from manager.
- Receives assistance from TECO-Westinghouse marketing personnel for pricing and product application information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is often loud.
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company’s (TWMC) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TWMC may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
Benefits & Opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation package, attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and many opportunities to continue your professional growth.
Qualified candidates should send résumés along with salary requirements and the title of the position that is being applied for to:
Attn: Human Resources
5100 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.