Field Account Executive – Utah/Denver
Develop and implement sales plans for achieving or exceeding low and medium voltage drives sales objectives in the assigned area. Responsible for working with customers to specify TWMC control products as well as identifying the customer’s commercial and technical challenges and helping overcome them with TWMC products. Develop new customers and facilitate incremental growth at existing customers for Low Voltage and Medium Voltage Controls. Additionally, this individual would be directly involved with large project or growth strategies at existing and new customers within the assigned area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the usual major job duties but this job description does not preclude the performance of other duties by the incumbent.
- Be a technical expert for the assigned area to negotiate complicated technical proposals, system solutions and Frame Agreements on a routine basis.
- Work with field sales on major negotiations at existing and new customers on a routine basis.
- Assemble technical/commercial proposal data with the help of TWMC engineering and application departments.
- Identifies and drives new development of markets and accounts within assigned area.
- Travel through assigned area to call on existing and new accounts to develop sales opportunities and close existing projects at End Users, EPCs, OEMs and Distributors.
- Make customer presentations with the goal of getting TWMC acknowledged as an approved controls vendor.
- Work with End Users and EPCs during FEED through Bid stage of projects to get TWMC drives specified in their specs.
- Develop Frame Agreements, Corporate Contracts and System Solutions at key End Users and EPCs.
- Tasked with communicating with other sales regions and TECO subsidiaries in a leadership role to close major controls projects, End User contracts, or Frame agreements.
- Develop product knowledge of all TWMC products and include these products in their sales discussions with existing and new customers.
- Provide constant feedback on competitive pricing and strategy to TWMC engineering and applications group to better align TWMC to win specific projects, overall Frame agreements or single sourcing contracts.
- Lead selling team efforts to ensure TWMC has the best chance of winning specific projects.
- Routinely make sales calls on customers with Field Sales or by yourself in designated area. Coordinate with Regional Manager to ensure best coverage of key and target accounts by you or jointly with Field Sales.
- Be cognizant of antitrust laws and company policies.
- Counsel and assist in training Field Sales and Inside Negotiators.
- Develop a proven track record in sales by selling a minimum of 100% of assigned loading.
- Establish, implement, review, and modify sales plans jointly with TWMC to sell and service assigned and new customers.
- Provide technical assistance to customers in the selection, application, operation and maintenance of TWMC products and services.
- Be aware of, and responsive to, market conditions, industry dynamic and competitive activities. Communicate such information to the operating divisions.
- Develop and maintain a cooperative and credible working relationship with other TWMC personnel to assure that the customer receives the best possible unified effort and service.
- Plans and manages significant marketing programs in designated area with help of Regional Manager and Marketing group.
- Attend Regional and National Trade shows with the goal of enhancing relationships with existing customers and developing new customers/markets.
- Manage expense allowances to obtain greatest return on investment and submit an expense report by the end of each month.
- Support the Total Quality effort by:
- Providing timely, accurate information for order entry.
- Elevating quality issues to the attention of management.
- Ensuring that accurate information flows to and from our customers.
- Serving on quality action teams as directed by management.
- Implement new product introductions and programs directly to customer base and with Field Sales in assigned area.
- Collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence data on customer needs, preferences and buying habits, as well as that of competitive manufacturers.
- Prepare sales/budget forecasts and a Commercial Operations Report by the end of each month.
- Provide necessary reports, surveys and marketing information in a timely manner, as requested by your manager.
- Support the efforts of other Sales Representatives by assuming a leadership role by becoming a resource for Sales.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by WMC (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to detail, Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS:
- Daily contact with customers.
- Daily contact with Inside and Field Sales Representatives
- Daily contact via phone and written correspondence with TWMC marketing personnel.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- B.S. degree in Engineering preferred. Candidate with other degrees or equivalent experience will be considered
- Three to five years with a successful track record as a Sales Representative in the Power Automation Industry
- Be recognized as a dominant factor in the marketplace through professional associations, direct customer contact with management at customer locations, associated companies, as well as, civic and governmental agencies.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Is proficient in all standard software of TWMC (Microsoft Office Suite) as well as any additional software required for the position.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Receives assistance from TWMC marketing personnel for pricing and product application information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company’s (TWMC) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TWMC may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
Benefits & Opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation package, attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and many opportunities to continue your professional growth.
Qualified candidates should send résumés along with salary requirements and the title of the position that is being applied for to:
Attn: Human Resources
5100 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.