Field Service Tech-Adv
Provide start-up, troubleshooting, repair and training services in the field on large custom built Induction, Wound Rotor, Synchronous, and DC motors manufactured or repaired by TWMC. Field Service Technician may provide motor repair and/or motor service depending on the scope of the project and the need of the region. Responsible for the planning, execution, and project management of assigned field service projects which includes direct communication with the customer regarding the technical repair recommendations. The position requires approximately 85% travel , including up to 10% international travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Successfully complete customer site specific requirements for contractors including background check, drug & alcohol testing and safety training and testing.
- Compose and conduct job hazard analysis and pre-job briefs.
- Develop and implement plans for start-up and commissioning machines manufactured or repaired by TECO-Westinghouse.
- Conduct on-site training related to the proper maintenance, operation and storage of TECO-Westinghouse motors.
- Compose professional and accurate field service trip reports for submission to customers.
- Compose and conduct technical training presentations for customers related to motor installation, startup, commissioning, and predictive/preventative maintenance activities.
- Support field sales representatives with customers by providing strong technical proficiency during the sales cycle.
- Collaborate with the field sales representatives to develop and grow TECO-Westinghouse Service business for repair, field service components and renewal parts.
- Participate as the primary technical advisor at customer locations during field projects.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve field problems through coordination of appropriate TECO-Westinghouse personnel, outside organizations and the customer’s technical team.
- Indentify and recommend equipment/services that offers increased reliability and value to the customer.
- Request parts, tools, test equipment, and PPE required for assigned projects. Coordinate with the appropriate TECO-Westinghouse department to have them shipped to the job site.
- Monitor the work scope and control costs of field work performed. Communicate any additional or expanded scope of work to the Service inside sales team for commercial evaluation.
- Coordinate and communicate with factory operations on repairs or other corrective actions required at factory in Round Rock.
- Participate as technical advisor to the Service BU during commercial negotiations with the customer.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers as assigned.
- Give technical guidance to customers on the feasibility of making repairs in field or shop.
- Time management and regular attendance are essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards. Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TECO-Westinghouse (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, & Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Perform work safely in adherence to company goals and policies
- Any additional duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
- The position requires daily contact with all customers and all levels of TECO-Westinghouse including Engineering, Marketing, Factory Operations, Supply Chain, Service and Accounting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree or equivalent from an accredited college or technical school and five years of related motor manufacturing or repair experience involving large custom built Induction, Wound Rotor, DC, and Synchronous machines. A minimum of 5 years of experience related to startup, operation, and troubleshooting of exciter control systems, liquid rheostats starters and forced lubrication systems is preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A broad knowledge AC, DC and Synchronous motor operations to include excellent mechanical skills, welding, vibration analysis, field alignment, balancing, electrical testing, lubrication, excitation, switch gear, protection relays and controls.
- A knowledge of design, application, manufacturing and customer requirements in industries such as power generation, oil & gas, chemical, metals, mining and marine.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong technical writing skills are required.
- Strong communication skills with internal and external customers are required.
- Ability to communicate technical information.
The ability to: read, analyze and interpret manufacturing drawings, repair specifications, test results, and technical journals; respond to inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community; communicate effectively in the presence of top management, customers, trade associations and other public groups.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability toiIndentify a solution to a problem involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively and take ownership of assigned projects in a fast paced environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
As required based on job responsibilities, education and customer specific needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.