Solves complex mechanical and machining problems without supervision, and implements machining plans. Designs, fabricates, and utilizes a variety of jigs and fixtures for non-standard machining processes.
- Works in highly specialized manufacturing area to include machining. Performs close tolerance machining and assembly with an above average mechanical aptitude, and demonstrates the ability to solve complex manufacturing/product related problems.
- Operates move equipment and makes complex overhead crane lifts in a safe manner for machines parts weighing 250 to 10,000 pounds.
- Performs set-ups and operates horizontal and vertical boring mills, as well as conventional and numerical control mills and lathes. Able to work with rotating machinery. Operates multiple machines including Vertical Turning Lathe and Horizontal Boring Mill.
- Able to read and interpret drawings, and read and troubleshoot machine code and programs. Some programming knowledge is beneficial.
- Oversees product quality by understanding product design and processes and questions requirements that fall outside normal standards. Suggests product improvements.
- Sets standards of excellence for peers through deeds and actions. Trains/assists team members to develop improved manufacturing skills and techniques.
- Works in a safe and efficient method while maintaining a clean work area.
- Meets or exceeds times set for standard jobs. Understands feeds, speeds as related to the machines, and material being processed to optimize the machine.
- Performs quality work and exhibits pride in his/her efforts to manufacture to customer and TECO-Westinghouse standards.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TECO-Westinghouse (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
- Has frequent contact with other departments problem solving
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and five to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Technical school training preferred.
- Minimum 2 – 5 years as a Machinist I or 5 – 8 years similar mechanical experience, or a combination of the above.
- Minimum of 2 years of extensive training and experience in the field of CNC programming.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Above average reading and math skills, including strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to handle multiple and frequently changing priorities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively with other team members.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers and decimals, and apply concepts of trigonometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Receives assignments from team leader, associate team leader, or supervisor.
- Works with little or no supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk, talk, sit, and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, and fumes or airborne particles. Other exposures include wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
Benefits & Opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation package, attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and many opportunities to continue your professional growth.
Qualified candidates should send résumés along with salary requirements and the title of the position that is being applied for to:
Attn: Human Resources
5100 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.