Responsible for the economical manufacture of TECO-Westinghouse electric motor products to include cost estimating, design for manufacturability, process control, process improvements, and tooling design.
- Participate in design reviews to establish standard and custom product designs that optimize manufacturability.
- Review and approve Engineering layouts and drawings for optimum manufacturability, cost, tooling, make/buy decision, and product structure.
- Develop and communicate a “manufacturing plan” for new designs or processes to Factory Operations.
- Generate new or revised process specifications to support manufacturing.
- Identify, design and procure required tooling and fixtures, including the control of tooling expenditures within established limits.
- Support Factory Operations during the manufacturing process through technical guidance and resolution of any problems or errors.
- Develop facility layouts and process flow charts that reflect current operations and processes.
- Analyze work samples and create routings to develop standards for labor utilization.
- Evaluate methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring of job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating work stations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
- Initiate and participate in departmental or company strategic programs. This includes cycle time, quality and cost improvement programs generated through continuous process improvement.
- Provide maintenance engineering for machine tools and process facilities.
- Design and specify lifting equipment for heavy product lifts, inspect lifting equipment, and specify lifting procedures.
- Assist the Materials Department with capacity evaluations, vendor evaluation and assistance, and make/buy decisions.
- Jointly participate with the Engineering/Drafting Department to resolve all engineering and design related problems as well as providing manufacturing inputs required for cost-effective designs.
- Aid the Quality Department in assisting with audits, field service, inspection and any quality issues associated with manufacturing.
- Generate cost estimates to support the Sales department.
- Counsel, guide and oversee Associate Manufacturing Engineers/Manufacturing Engineer Technicians’ activities and assignments.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
- Routinely interact with Engineering, Drafting, Factory Operations, Service, Quality, Materials and Sales departments at TECO-Westinghouse and TECO.
- Interface with vendors, customers, federal, state and local representatives when required.
- Occasional overnight and international travel will be required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- B.S. degree, preferably in an Engineering or technical discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement programs.
- Computer Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Knowledge of design software, such as Catia, and MRP software, such as SAP, is desired
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
Benefits & Opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation package, attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and many opportunities to continue your professional growth.
Qualified candidates should send résumés along with salary requirements and the title of the position that is being applied for to:
Attn: Human Resources
5100 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.