Manufacturing Specialist II
Active – FULL TIME REGULAR
Round Rock, TX, U
Senior member of a manufacturing team. Works with minimum direction from Team Leader, Associate Team Leader, or Supervisor. Performs motor testing, close tolerance manual machining, and specialized assembly. Responsible for overall quality of the product. Has frequent contact with customers and other departments through witness tests, problem solving and shop tours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following are the usual major job duties but this job description does not preclude the performance of other duties by the incumbent, nor the question being raised on the proper rate of pay for the assignment:
- Work in highly specialized manufacturing areas to include product testing, machining, winding, painting, shipping, and assembly.
- Perform close tolerance testing and machining, and demonstrates the ability to solve complex manufacturing/product related problems.
- Set standards of excellence for peers through deeds and actions. Trains/assists team members to develop improved manufacturing skills and techniques.
- Oversee product quality by understanding product design and processes and questions requirements that fall outside normal standards.
- Suggests product improvements.
- Operate moving equipment and makes complex overhead crane lifts in a safe manner.
- Work in a safe and efficient method while maintaining a clean work area.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliant with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards, Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Perform quality work and exhibits pride in his/her efforts to manufacture to customer and TWMC standards.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TWMC (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, and Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
- Has frequent contact with customers and other departments through witness tests, problem solving and shop tours.
- To be successful at this job, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Above average reading and math skills.
- Technical school training preferred.
- Minimum 2 – 5 years as a Manufacturing Specialist II or 5 – 10 years similar electrical or mechanical experience, or a combination of the above.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to receive assignments from team leader, associate team leader and supervisor.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk, talk, sit, and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, and fumes or airborne particles. Other exposures include wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
Benefits & Opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation package, attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and many opportunities to continue your professional growth.
Qualified candidates should send résumés along with salary requirements and the title of the position that is being applied for to:
Attn: Human Resources
5100 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.