Manufacturing Specialist I
Junior member in manufacturing team; performs assignments with minimal direction. Receives assignments from Team Leader, Associate Team Leader,or Supervisor. Assists more highly skilled team members and directs and trains lower level team members.
- Works in a variety of manufacturing areas to include machining, winding, coil and other assembly, painting, testing, and shipping;
- Demonstrates specialized skills such as welding, metals joining, equipment operation, and process knowledge.
- Performs in process quality checks to include electrical testing, close tolerance measuring, and documentation.
- Operates move equipment and makes normal overhead crane lifts.
- Reads and interprets complex manufacturing drawings and process specs.
- Works in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining a clean work area.
- Arrives at the work station on time with minimal absences, and adheres to all company policies.
- Performs quality work and exhibits pride in his/her efforts to manufacture to customer and TECO-Westinghouse standards.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with
- Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TECO-Westinghouse (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail and Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
- Works well with team members.
- Has interface with customers and other division workers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent. Above average reading and math skills.
- Minimum of 1 year as a Manufacturing Apprentice or 2 years of similar electrical or mechanical experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
Benefits & Opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation package, attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and many opportunities to continue your professional growth.
Qualified candidates should send résumés along with salary requirements and the title of the position that is being applied for to:
Attn: Human Resources
5100 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.