Product Support Specialist
Active – Full Time Regular
Round Rock, TX
The general scope of this position will include extensive contacts with Operations, Engineering, Information Systems, Field Sales and frequent contacts with customers, including post-sales support, product support, project support, QA, Test, CAD, technical support by phone and email, parts, application engineering and engineering interface, create or update submittals, and assistant internal and external customers, filed sales support, work with Mod shops, daily factory interface for engineering and tech support, create and build nameplate software, files and nameplates.
- Daily communication with the factories in order to keep our product information up-to-date and fulfill customer requests.
- Daily technical support and post sales support on project business and Mod orders.
- Interface daily with engineering on technical issues about drawing requests, changes and application data. Create and modify drawings in CAD and PDF.
- Support QA and Test arenas, with customers and provide certifications in QA.
- Support Field Sales requests regarding connection diagrams, outline drawings, nameplates, changes and logistics.
- Daily resolution of product questions and quality.
- Providing technical support of both internal and external customers in the form of answering daily questions, drawings, performance data and curves, application assistance and part on our stock products.
- Maintain a library of parts and product information and technical references in both electronic and hard copy format.
- Handle complaints and develop resolutions on product quality issues and QA.
- Handle submittals for project orders and Mod orders.
- Build nameplate files, maintain software and create nameplates.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TECO-Westinghouse (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree preferred; or High School Diploma or GED and 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
General supervision will be provided. Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively and take ownership of assigned projects in a fast paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; used hands to finger, handle or feel; and climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.