The primary function of this position will be to work with the Program Team to translate project deliverable requirements into manufacturing plans based on the latest delivery dates and project requirements. This person will plan, monitor, and support schedules and material availability throughout the procurement, manufacturing, testing, and shipping phases. The role will also include strong leadership and support for Associate Production Planners as well as productivity management and continuous improvement projects and initiatives.
- Create and update engineering and drafting schedules.
- Review all sales order change notices to ensure timely updates to production orders to minimize any delays.
- Create schedules for respective production shop floor areas to fulfill contract dates, effectively utilize resources, manage inventory levels, minimize overtime, and meet factory production and shipping forecast targets.
- Interface with various departments concerning factory capacity, equipment and tooling specifications and availability, product specifications, and parts and raw material availability.
- Relay relevant information to management regarding material shortages, potential schedule interruptions and possible equipment maintenance that would affect a smooth and timely production output.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the plant, materials, purchasing managers and the shop floor supervisors to mitigate current and anticipated issues, identify opportunities, and facilitate production flow.
- Manage the planning, creation, release, and maintenance of production orders in SAP.
- Issue Purchase Requisitions for long lead-time material procurement as well as expedite equipment and materials to support production schedules.
- Utilize SAP and relevant worksheets to monitor and support production planning, capacity planning, and operational management.
- Utilize SAP to view material movements, quantities on order, and the current balance on hand to ensure materials needed by the manufacturing plants are available.
- Interface with Engineering to maintain accurate material masters and BOM structures within the SAP system.
- Review the Bill of Material for Make/Buy decisions based on manufacturing capabilities and capacity, and also subcontract recommendations.
- Provide support for special projects, and complete other duties as assigned.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
- There will be extensive interdepartmental contact with Operations and staff departments including Design Engineering, Drafting, Purchasing, Marketing, and Manufacturing Engineering.
- These contacts require the exchange, explanation, and interpretation of technical information related to problems that arise in the preparation and execution of short-term to long-term schedules.
- There may also be interface with visiting customers and expeditors to review material status and production schedules.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Technical Degree or equivalent experience
- Certification by American Production and Inventory Control Society desirable
- Three to five years in production control or planning experience
- Knowledge of computerized manufacturing systems (such as MRP)
- Experience in manufacturing, production management, production planning, or supporting TWMC’s manufacturing production planning process
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office and SAP
- Knowledge of SAP forecasting, planning, production scheduling, and customer service module functionality and processes
- Knowledge of the master data that drives the forecasting, planning, production scheduling, and shipping functionality in SAP
- Knowledge of forecasting and planning principles
- Knowledge of inventory management principles
- Knowledge of production scheduling principles
- Knowledge of manufacturing principles and operations
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Personal computer skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a strong team player
- Ability to prioritize and organize work
- Ability to work on a variety of problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis and evaluation of various outcomes require trade-offs and negotiation
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
Benefits & Opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation package, attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and many opportunities to continue your professional growth.
Qualified candidates should send résumés along with salary requirements and the title of the position that is being applied for to:
Attn: Human Resources
5100 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.