Service Engineer – Sr.
Assume engineering responsibility for meeting the objectives of the Company’s Service Division regarding several specific design and/or development phases of Company’s products; including design, verification, implementation, validation, production support and service. This is to be accomplished with only general directions from more senior engineers or Engineering Manager.
- Provide engineering guidance to customers and Sales in determining the most effective repair approach for the equipment.
- Prepares repair plans and associated design documents, including making calculations, utilizing company design software and writing mechanical and electrical design specifications. Specifies materials, processes, and test requirements.
- Acquire measurements and technical data from existing machines in order to provide or advise redesign data or replacement part data.
- Advise manufacturing personnel in construction, specifications and procedures and assist in conducting tests and inspections in assigned areas and phases of responsibility.
- Troubleshoot and inspect electrical motors.
- Maintain documentation and service reports.
- Instruct customers in the operation and maintenance of motor systems.
- Serve as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
- Support of Field Service Engineers in trouble shooting installation and site based issues.
- Develops schematics, bills of material, and other documentation necessary to design, manufacture, install, and commission engineered products. Coordinates commissioning of engineered products.
- Review drawings, schematics, bills of material, and other documentation necessary manufacture, test, install, and commission products.
- Performs analysis and calculations to properly size components used in design of engineered products.
- Provide input pertaining to time and resources required to execute tasks in the preparation of project schedules, and prepare schedules for portions of projects.
- Execute tasks according to orders or project schedules, striving for 100% on-time completion. Monitor execution of several tasks assigned to more junior team members. Provide timely reports on project status.
- Provide direction to disposition to non-conformances and lead engineering response to corrective actions based on general design guidelines.
- Lead product improvement, standardization, productivity improvement, cost reduction, and cycle time reduction initiatives.
- Represents the Company before customers and at technical conferences in support of Marketing and Sales.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
- Review work of designers and engineers with less experience, and provide mentorship.
- Review product compliance to company standards, customer requirements, industry standards and regulations.
- Lead the preparation of technical papers and provide input to invention disclosures.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
- The position requires daily contact with all levels of TWMC and customers including Engineering, Marketing, Factory Operations, Supply Chain, Service and Accounting.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in Engineering (electrical preferred) or Physical Science with five to eight years related work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five to eight year experience using relevant CAD, PDM and/or simulation software.
- Proficiency with vibration measurement or other data acquisition equipment.
- Three to five year experience using applicable industry standards.
- Familiarity with the design principles of large AC Induction, Synchronous and DC motor/generator design and/or construction.
- Experience writing overhaul proposals.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- As required, based on job responsibilities, education, and customer specific needs. Must have proper documents to travel domestically and internationally.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret manufacturing drawings, repair specifications, test results, safety rules, standards, operating and maintenance instructions, white papers, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Working knowledge of statistical tools.
- Drive to learn new skills, acquire knowledge and apply to practical situations.
- Bias for action.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Position requires travel within and outside USA (up to 50%) as necessary to support sales objectives, project technical requirements, and in support of troubleshooting field concerns.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.