Software Engineer R&D – Sr
The candidate would be part of the TWMC power electronics team working on Medium Voltage drives (MVDs), such as VersaBridge, as well as full systems for motor control and other power applications. The VersaBridge is a patented MVD designed utilizing a multilevel H-Bridge topology that reduces the harmonic levels to extremely low levels. The modular design facilitates ease of installation, commissioning, and maintenance. The VersaBridge is an innovative product that combines reliable, simple, and compact solutions with the latest power electronics and cooling technologies.
- Design and maintain Intuitive Graphical Human Machine Interface software for Medium Voltage Drives. This software could be LabVIEW or other text based language
- Sustain existing LabVIEW based control software as well as investigating and implementing architectural improvements
- Participate in the design of embedded control applications using C
- Develop data logging and fault capture software
- Perform software release regression and user testing individually, or as part of a team
- Create diagnostics tools and tests
- Work directly with other engineers including mechanical, electrical, and embedded hardware designers
- Work with customers, manufacturing, and field service engineers
- Operate and test medium voltage, high power inverter
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science and/or Industrial Engineering) and five to ten years in field of specialization; or equivalent combination of experience and/or training.
- Strong LabVIEW development skills and familiarity with LabVIEW RT and LabVIEW FPGA.
- Strong experience in at least one text based language (C, Java, Python, etc). Java experience a plus.
- Experience with Industrial communication protocols (i.e. Modbus TCP) a plus.
- Understanding of basic LabVIEW application architectures such as QMH. LabVIEW certification(s) CLD, CLA, and/or CLED a plus.
- Proficiency with National Instruments hardware including NI-sbRIO RT/FPGA platforms.
- Understanding of basic software principles including object oriented programming, state machines, pointers, and structures.
- Experience with software team development tools including source code control and issue tracking.
- Strong team player.
- Great communication and presentation skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work in offices, labs, factories, and customer sites. The employee may need to temporarily work for brief periods of time at locations outside of the United States. Employees may be frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, electrical shock hazards, manufacturing equipment, and outside weather conditions.. The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
Benefits & Opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation package, attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and many opportunities to continue your professional growth.
Qualified candidates should send résumés along with salary requirements and the title of the position that is being applied for to:
Attn: Human Resources
5100 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.