Administer and resolve aftermarket warranty issues on all motors manufactured for and by TECO-Westinghouse in Round Rock and Taiwan. Additionally, the Warranty Administrators are required to review drawings and factory test reports in order to support customers with technical questions related to the maintenance and performance of motors.
- Enforce contractual warranty terms and conditions.
- Identify, collect and resolve field problems through coordination of appropriate TECO-Westinghouse personnel and/or outside organizations.
- As required, establish daily contact with all levels of TECO-Westinghouse: Field Sales, Contracts, Engineering, Marketing, Factory Operations, Service Division, Traffic, Accounting and Treasury.
- Research warranty claims in order to justify cost and determine where cost should be allocated.
- Read TECO-Westinghouse drawings and wiring diagrams in order to support customers and subcontractors with information needed in the repair of electric motors.
- Review test performance data and process specifications to support customers and subcontractors with information needed in the repair of electric motors.
- Coordinate field coverage for inspection and/or repairs of motors through factory personnel or outside consultants.
- Provide guidance to customers on advisability of making repairs in field or sending motor to local shop or feasibility of returning motor to TECO-Westinghouse to repair.
- Negotiate with repairs shops on work to be performed in the field or in the shop and monitor scope and cost of field work performed by customer, contractor or agents.
- Coordinate with customer return of motors to TECO-Westinghouse for repairs when necessary. Work with Factory Operations and Service Division to resolve warranty issues on these motors and follow through to completion.
- Issue requisitions for materials required to resolve field problems and follow to completion.
- Coordinate the shipment of ship-short items, installation of items at customer site and closing the EAN.
- On warranty parts: request and obtain parts, have them inspected and shipped to the field. If needed contract outside source to install at customer site.
- Coordinate and communicate with factory operations on repairs or other corrective actions required at the factory in Round Rock and Taiwan.
- Update and post Field Assistance Report (FAR) Database records.
- Travel to installation sites to investigate and/or resolve field problems.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TECO-Westinghouse (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university, preferred; or two to four years related experience and/or training in motor manufacturing or motor repair service industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer knowledge required.
- Microsoft Office proficiency is a must.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of design, application, manufacturing and customer industry practices and requirements.
- General knowledge of the industrial, fossil and nuclear power generation industry.
- Good communication skills
- Computer experience necessary – Word processing, Excel, Access
- Capability of learning Syteline and other programs associated with job
- Ability to read and write legibly in English; bilingual (Spanish) would be an asset but not a requirement.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration and noise. The employee is frequently exposed to moving parts and risk of electrical shock. The employee may be occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and extreme heat when traveling. The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
Benefits & Opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation package, attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and many opportunities to continue your professional growth.
Qualified candidates should send résumés along with salary requirements and the title of the position that is being applied for to:
Attn: Human Resources
5100 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.