Sr. Tax Accountant
Perform the federal, state, and local tax activities for the company including developing tax strategies in order to assure legal and equitable assessments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Federal Income tax reporting which includes: filing estimates and annual returns, and coordinating estimates and return with tax consultants.
- Multi-state tax reporting which includes: filing estimates and annual returns for income, franchise, property, local, sales etc., and coordinating reporting with multi-state consultants.
- Filing local property tax renditions which includes: coordinating estimates and returns with tax consultant.
- Tax estimating for planning which includes monthly tax entries.
- Develop SFAS109 forecasts.
- Reconcile tax accounts monthly.
- Interface with external auditors, tax consultants, federal and state tax auditors, and taxing agencies.
- Provide technical guidance to other accountants, clerks, and provide special reports or charts as requested by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company safety procedures.
- Incorporate the standards of excellence as outlined by TWMC (pride, desire, teamwork, attention to detail, follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a total quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Any additional duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
The position requires daily contact with all levels of TECO-Westinghouse and customers including Engineering, Marketing, Factory Operations, Supply Chain, Service and Accounting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A. in Accounting or Finance) from four-year college or university; and four to five years related experience in tax accounting plus two to three years of experience and/or training in general accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An advanced degree (MBA) may be substituted in lieu of some of the experience requirement (up to two years).
- Requires familiarity with a variety of accounting concepts, practices and procedures.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- CPA Preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Strong communication and people skills are essential for effectively interacting with customers. Computer skills required: Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
General supervision will be provided. Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively and take ownership of assigned projects in a fast paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
TECO-Westinghouse’s Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.