Dependability is all that matters
Most modern vessels utilize electric propulsion for its efficiency, low pollution and minimal maintenance. TECO-Westinghouse has been supplying electric propulsion on marine applications since the early 1910’s. Our rugged, dependable highly efficient motors and generators are specifically designed for marine use and meet all of the major classification societies around the world including ABS, DNV, Lloyds among others. We can also meet ICES CCR 209 for research vessel propulsion.
All motors are specifically designed to fit in confined spaces. For propulsion motors, the main thrust bearing can be integral with motor bearing.
Induction propulsion motors and Generators
- 500 hp to 30,000hp – adjustable frequency
Synchronous propulsion motors and diesel generators
- 500 hp to 60,000 hp – adjustable frequency
DC propulsion motors and diesel generators
- 100hp to 35000hp
- 5hp to 600hp, above and below deck use
- Electric motors to compliment diesel or turbine main propulsion
Green hybrid systems
- Up to 3000kw – Complete system with propulsion shaft riding induction generator/motor with battery pack for efficiency and low emissions when operating in harbors. Can operate with batteries
- Consulting, field service, inspections, training
- Renewal parts and spares for any Westinghouse equipment