Active – FULL TIME REGULAR
Round Rock, TX, US
Accounting professional with a corporate accounting background and management experience in either of the following areas: Tax, Financial Reporting, Budgeting, Cost, and Planning. An audit background is preferred combined with an accounting educational foundation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The position will assist the CFO in directing all corporate accounting and finance functions.
- The position will supervise the cost and inventory reporting function including the appropriateness and adequacy of costing methodologies
- The position will oversee the physical inventory and cycle count processes.
- The position will be involved in the review of the financial statements of companies operating in the US, Canada, Mexico, and China.
- The position will support “big 4” financial audits and the corresponding consolidated financial statements.
- The position will oversee the preparation of forecasts and budgets.
- SAP will be a predominate tool for this position and if is expected the position will have an advance knowledge of excel.
- The position will ensure the administration of policies and procedures are followed and that financial and operating reports accurately and timely reflect the condition of the business.
- Develop and maintain adequate internal control systems.
- Direct the accounting function in accordance with GAAP and IFRS standards.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 standards and compliance with company affirmative action plan and company safety procedures.
- Incorporate the standards of excellence as outlined by TWMC (pride, desire, teamwork, attention to detail, follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a total quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Any additional duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
The position requires daily contact with all levels of TECO-Westinghouse internal customers and vendors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- To be qualified for this position, an individual must possess these critical skills and/or abilities and must be able to demonstrate the use of them.
- Extensive experience with personal computer software, including spreadsheet and word processing programs, is required.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A. in Accounting or Finance) from four-year college or university; and seven years related experience and/or training in general accounting, budgeting, financial reporting and planning, inventory control, general ledgers, tax, or cost accounting, with a comprehensive understanding of GAAP; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A CPA certification
- An advanced degree (MBA) may be substituted in lieu of some of the experience requirement (up to two years).
- A CPA certification may be substituted in lieu of some of the experience requirement (up to two years).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- CPA preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong communication and people skills are essential for effectively interacting with customers.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel. SAP preferred.
- Read, write, analyze.
- interpret financial reports and legal documents.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Apply fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- General supervision will be provided.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively and take ownership of assigned projects in a fast paced environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.