Applications Specialist Associate
Active – FULL TIME REGULAR
Round Rock, TX, US
Maintain product information, product support, and assist internal and external customers; answer customer inquiries. Assist in sales support of product offering in both written and /or internet format. Make written and telephone quotations; assist in sales presentations and closing orders, delivery, terms and conditions, and product offering; develop product knowledge and sales skills.
- Communicate with factories in order to keep product information complete and current.
- Provide direct support to existing customers to identify their needs, and help solve their problems or complaints.
- Daily resolutions of product questions and quality.
- Promote team efforts in selling by acting as the internal advocate and liaison for TECO-Westinghouse Field Sales and customers. Internally coordinate TECO-Westinghouse ‘s Sales approach across all parties in the procurement process: E/C, OEM, Distributor, and User. Conduct correspondence and negotiations with customers and TECO-Westinghouse.
- Prepare the technical document that transmits the customer order to engineering.
- Work with engineering on keeping our library complete and up-to-date on submittal data, drawings, performance data, and curves, web based support, application assistance, parts and our stock product. Maintain a library of parts and product information and technical references, in both electronic and hard copy.
- Maintain cost and price. Negotiate technical inquiries for parts. Obtain and interpret orders.
- Gain proficiency in the order entry process.
- Contribute to monthly reports as required.
- Provide technical assistance to customers in the selection, application, operation and maintenance of TECO-Westinghouse products and services. Assist with customer presentations and assemble complete technical/commercial proposal data on time. Provide marketing literature to customers as needed.
- Gain product knowledge on all products.
- Become familiar with customers’ business practices and procedures as they relate to his/her duties.
- Increase technical competence and develop professionally for Sales Representative responsibilities.
- No supervisory responsibilities are required.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
- Daily contact with personal Field Sales Representatives, Contracts Administrators, and Customers.
- Promote TECO-Westinghouse personnel and facility capabilities through coordination of and hosting customer visits to TECO-Westinghouse’s facility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree preferred; or High School Diploma or GED and 1 year related experience and/or training in Industrial Products
- Computer knowledge required. Microsoft Office proficiency is a must.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
As required, based on job responsibilities, education and customer specific needs.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, ratios, fractions, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to identify a solution to a problem involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
General supervision will be provided. Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively and take ownership of assigned projects in a fast paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company’s (TWMC) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TWMC may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.