Applications Specialist Associate
Active – FULL TIME REGULAR
Round Rock, TX, US
Maintain product information, product support, and assist internal and external customers; answer customer inquiries. Assist in sales support of product offering in both written and /or internet format. Make written and telephone quotations; assist in sales presentations and closing orders, delivery, terms and conditions, and product offering; develop product knowledge and sales skills.
- Communicate with factories in order to keep product information complete and current.
- Provide direct support to existing customers to identify their needs, and help solve their problems or complaints.
- Daily resolutions of product questions and quality.
- Promote team efforts in selling by acting as the internal advocate and liaison for TECO-Westinghouse Field Sales and customers. Internally coordinate TECO-Westinghouse ‘s Sales approach across all parties in the procurement process: E/C, OEM, Distributor, and User. Conduct correspondence and negotiations with customers and TECO-Westinghouse.
- Prepare the technical document that transmits the customer order to engineering.
- Work with engineering on keeping our library complete and up-to-date on submittal data, drawings, performance data, and curves, web based support, application assistance, parts and our stock product. Maintain a library of parts and product information and technical references, in both electronic and hard copy.
- Maintain cost and price. Negotiate technical inquiries for parts. Obtain and interpret orders.
- Gain proficiency in the order entry process.
- Contribute to monthly reports as required.
- Provide technical assistance to customers in the selection, application, operation and maintenance of TECO-Westinghouse products and services. Assist with customer presentations and assemble complete technical/commercial proposal data on time. Provide marketing literature to customers as needed.
- Gain product knowledge on all products.
- Become familiar with customers’ business practices and procedures as they relate to his/her duties.
- Increase technical competence and develop professionally for Sales Representative responsibilities.
- No supervisory responsibilities are required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, ratios, fractions, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company’s (TWMC) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TWMC may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.