Active – FULL TIME REGULAR
Round Rock, TX, US
Review customer specifications and requirements to select and price equipment. Make written and telephone quotations; answer customer inquiries; assist in sales presentations and closing orders; work within company guidelines regarding pricing, delivery, terms and conditions and product offering; develop product knowledge and sales skills.
- Provide direct support to existing customers to identify their needs and help solve their problems or complaints. Work with Field Sales and internal resources to develop new customers within his/her defined market.
- Promote team efforts in selling by acting as the internal advocate and liaison for TECO-Westinghouse Field Sales and customers. Internally coordinate TECO-Westinghouse’s Sales approach across all parties in the procurement process: E/C, OEM, Distributor, and User. Conduct correspondence and negotiations with customers and TECO-Westinghouse.
- Use engineering design program to design induction motors to frame sizes and costing. Work with engineering on complex motor designs and manufacturing engineering on costing of such motors.
- Prepare the technical document that transmits the customer order to engineering.
- Maintain negotiation records, cost and price. Negotiate motor inquiries. Obtain and interpret orders. Gain proficiency in the order entry process.
- Contribute to monthly reports as required.
- Provide technical assistance to customers in the selection, application, operation and maintenance of TECO-Westinghouse products and services.
- Assist with customer presentations and assemble complete technical/commercial proposal data on time. Provide marketing literature to customers as needed.
- Gain product knowledge on all products.
- Implement sales plans and strategies.
- Provide feedback on competitive pricing strategy.
- Be cognizant of antitrust laws and company policies.
- Become familiar with customers business practices and procedures as they relate to his/her duties.
- Increase technical competence and develop professionally for Sales Representative responsibilities.
SCOPE AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
- Daily contact with Field Sales Representatives and internal sales team members
- Daily contact with customers via telephone and written correspondence.
- Occasional overnight travel for customer visits.
- Promote TECO-Westinghouse personnel and facility capabilities through coordination of and hosting customer visits to TECO-Westinghouse ‘s facility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree preferred; or 2-4 years related experience and /or training in Industrial Products
- Computer knowledge required. Microsoft Office proficiency is a must.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, standards, operating and maintenance instructions, white papers and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense and to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Drive to learn new skills, acquire knowledge and apply it to practical situations.
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company’s (TWMC) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TWMC may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY:
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.