Applications Specialist Associate
Active – FULL TIME REGULAR
Round Rock, TX, US
Provide support to engineering, drafting, sales, manufacturing, and projects group for technical and marketing/sales information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Designs 3D and 2D computer graphics models using CAD tools such as Solid Works and CATIA.
• Creates 3D and 2D drawings linked to bill of materials and to document control systems such as 3Dx. Creates customer installation, sales order, and service drawings. Responsible for documentation revisions for product improvements. Assists in creating instruction manuals and product specification sheets.
• Designs and creates metal cabinets, brackets, doors, and panels. Requires knowledge of fast prototyping methods. Understands metal, plastic, fiberglass manufacturing fabrication processes.
• Designs products with emphasis on minimizing part count and designing for manufacturing and servicing. Creates and maintains product and component cost spreadsheets.
• Responsible for prototype and BETA component purchases and construction. Uses prototype and BETA manufacturing to identify product improvements for eventual Production and to further develop processes for manufacturing, and obtain labor estimates. Responsible for documentation revisions for product improvements. Electronic product manufacturing experience is preferred.
• Analyze and design thermal management of power electronic semiconductors and other power components as well as system components such as machines through computer simulations, subassembly and model tests, lab product tests, and field tests.
• Analyzes mechanical stress and vibration for product components such as cabinets, components and mounting techniques, brackets, busbars, wire harnesses, printed circuit boards, machines, switchgear, and other through computer simulation, subassembly and model tests, lab product tests, and field tests.
• Assists in design of construction of magnetic components such as transformers and reactors for manufacturing. Assists in creating component and tooling manufacturing documentation.
• Assists in UL, CSA, IEC and other agency approvals for products.
• Assists in safety evaluation of product hardware and software features.
• Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
• Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
• Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TECO-Westinghouse (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
• Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
• Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
The position requires daily contact with all levels of TECO-Westinghouse and customers including Engineering, Marketing, Factory Operations, Supply Chain, Service and Accounting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of an Associates’ degree in Electronics Technology or Engineering and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Bachelor’s degrees preferred.
• Previous work experience in engineering and drafting environment is preferred.
• Effective communication and organizational skills required.
• Proficient with PC software and database applications.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
As required, based on job responsibilities, education and customer specific needs.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Drive to learn new skills, acquire knowledge and apply to practical situations.
• Bias for action.
The ability to read, analyze, and interpret manufacturing drawings, repair specifications, test results, and technical journals. Respond to inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Communicate effectively in the presence of top management, customers, trade associations, and other public groups.
Work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Basic understanding of workflow in global environment.
General supervision will be provided. Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively and take ownership of assigned projects in a fast paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company’s (TWMC) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TWMC may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.