Automation Engineer Specialist
In this role, you will be interfacing with end users, regional control specialists, and outside field sales to support and supply technical expertise on TWMC Automation products. Potential candidates shall poses the working knowledge and understanding of automation equipment such as variable frequency drives (VFDs), programmable logic controllers (PLCs), Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs), Contactors, Servos, and other automation equipment.
- Visit customer sites to discuss product needs and requirements for applications and industries.
- Provide product training at factory or customer site.
- Maintain professional and business like mindset to fellow employees and customers.
- Organize workload to accomplish work in a timely fashion.
- Plan and assist with new product releases.
- Develop product presentations as required.
- Provide feedback on all quality and product design issues.
- Assist Controls Product Manager in daily operations.
- Handle issues or problems that can be handled without reaching the Controls Product Manager.
- Attend Trade Shows to support sales effort, improve product visibility and obtain feedback on current product and market trends.
- Comply with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Comply with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TWMC (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
- Uphold selling policy 4500T.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
SCOPE, PURPOSE AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Automation Engineering, or other related engineering disciplines.
- 2 – 5 years of applicable experience in Automation Field
- Experience and understanding of VFDs TECO 510 series, Fuji, Rockwell, Allen Bradley, Danfoss, Yaskawa, and other major manufacture equipment.
- Experience and understanding of PLCs TECO SG2 & AP10, Rockwell Control Logix Platform, Siemens S7 & LOGO! Automation Direct CLICK Series, etc…
- Experience with motion control servo systems
- Knowledge and understanding of field bus protocols such as Modbus RTU, BACnet MS/TP, Modbus TCP/IP, BACnet IP, EtherNET IP, EtherCAT, Profibus DP, ProfiNET, etc…
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- As required, based on job responsibilities, education and customer specific needs.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Hands on experience commissioning and programming with an ability to maintain a safe working environment
- Experience with motion control servo systems
- Able to assist in programming, troubleshooting DCS logic & controls
- Have cross technical capabilities and understanding of mechanical system
- Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Travel up to 50% required.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Identify a solution to a problem involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- General supervision will be provided.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively and take ownership of assigned projects in a fast paced environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=6cf1abad-3f0e-4130-ae50-1f674ac403b0&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=349417&source=CC3&lang=en_US
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.