Business Development Manager-Green
Active – FULL TIME REGULAR
Round Rock, TX US
Plans and directs sales and marketing activities of organization’s Green products and services by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers/supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes strategic sales plans to achieve corporate objectives for Green products and services.
- Develops and executes comprehensive strategic sales plans and programs, both short and long range, to support sales and revenue objectives of organization.
- Researches, analyzes, and monitors financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Develops and manages sales operating budgets.
- Directs channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas and goals.
- Achieves satisfactory market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Ensures effective control of sales results and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of sales and marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Oversees and evaluates sales and adjusts their strategies to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote products.
- Delivers and assists with sales presentations, maintaining relationships, negotiating and closing deals with key clients in coordination with sales management and sales representatives.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key community and strategic partners.
- Resolves conflicts and facilitates changes in structure of sales groups to ensure objective fulfillment and swift response to their problems and opportunities.
- Guides preparation of sales activity reports and presents to executive management. Including, but not limited to, periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards , company affirmative action plan and company safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TECO-Westinghouse (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
Manages subordinate managers/supervisors. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Also directly supervises non-supervisory employee(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree (M. A.) or equivalent; Electrical Engineer degree and four to ten years related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience in wind power (wind turbine), solar PV, battery energy storage system from renewable-energy industry.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TECO-Westinghouse’s Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.