Active – FULL TIME REGULAR
Round Rock, TX US
Creates complex parametric and non-parametric 3D models, detailed product drawings, drawings revision, bill of material, detailed product design layouts, schematics and other documents necessary to build the product according to customer specifications and performance requirements, and meeting schedule deadlines. While receiving directions from engineers and pertaining to product conceptual design, the Designer is expected to exercise broad latitude in detailing product components and sub-systems, guiding and ensuring Design Technicians’ work follow established design guidelines and product design objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support product development by identifying design and layout constraints, generating and reviewing models, layouts, sketches and related documentation necessary to determine product functionality and feasibility
• Check in and check out CAD models and other documents into PDM system following established procedures, and ensure others in the project team follow established procedures. Monitor check in and check out process and identify opportunities for improvement
• Support other departments by addressing technical questions
• Interpret manufacturing drawings including dimensional tolerances, geometric tolerances and spatial relationships
• Reviewing and checking design drawings to determine potential errors or opportunities for process improvement and cost reduction
• Take conceptual designs and create a fully developed 3D model with input from other designers or engineers
• Execute tasks according to orders or project schedules, striving for 100% on-time completion
• Operate precision measurement equipment to take dimensions from parts/components/assemblies (calipers, micrometer, CMM, etc.)
• Measure and analyze a component or assembly and create accurate 3D models
• Willingness to occasionally travel (less than 10% of time) to install equipment to observe and understand the application and take measurements for developing potential solutions for customers
• Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards, Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures
• Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required
• Regular attendance is an essential function of this position
• Other functions as required (non-essential functions)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Associate degree (A.A.) from two-year college in Engineering Technology, or minimum of five years related work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Bachelor’s of Science (BS) in engineering is preferred
• Proficiency in CATIA or SolidWorks
• Proficiency in SmarTeam or Enovia
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Proficiency with 3D modeling software (Solid Works, CATIA, Creo or equivalent)
• Familiarity with FEA software (ANSYS, Cosmos or equivalent)
• Read and understand manufacturing processes and instructions
• Familiarity with hand tools such as wrenches, sockets, torque wrench, impact driver, torque multiplier, etc.
• Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, standards, operating and maintenance instructions, white papers, and procedure manuals
• Write reports and correspondence
• Communicate effectively with customers and employees of the organization
• Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
• Drive to learn new skills, acquire knowledge and apply to practical situations
• Bias for action
Read, analyze, and interpret manufacturing drawings, repair specifications, test results, and technical journals. Respond to inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Communicate effectively to top management, customers, trade associations, and other public groups.
Apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Indentify a solution to a problem involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
General supervision will be provided. Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively and take ownership of assigned projects in a fast paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
TECO-Westinghouse’s Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY:
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.