Director, Stock Product BU
Active – FULL TIME REGULAR
Round Rock, TX US
Maintains overall responsibility for stock and controls business unit, including profitability, product management, budgeting, and business unit operations. This role requires in-depth knowledge of the electric motor and drive industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for overall profitability ratios for assigned business unit.
- Drives profitable growth, operational efficiency and strategic differentiation. Responsible for developing strategy, implementing improvement programs.
- Creates sales projections and sets objectives for assigned business unit products.
- Coordinates product management with Field Sales organization, Research and Development, Engineering, and Marketing.
- Develops and executes comprehensive strategic sales and marketing plans and programs for assigned business unit products.
- Drives sales effort for assigned business unit products.
- Constructs and administers budget for assigned business unit.
- Assigns and allocates resources to achieve specific business results.
- Directs subordinate managers and supervisors in operational issues, including resource allocation, personnel and employment decisions, and business priorities.
- Lead and drive operation efficiency within the BU, including but not limit to the order entering process, inventory planning, pricing / margin analysis, new product launch, and overall BU productivity, aligned with BU strategy, budget and operation plan.
- Directly supervises subordinate managers and non-management employees.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually high.
TECO-Westinghouse’s Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=6cf1abad-3f0e-4130-ae50-1f674ac403b0&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=371208&source=CC3&lang=en_US
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.