Active – FULL TIME REGULAR
Round Rock, TX US
Assume engineering responsibility for specific design and/or development phases of Company’s products; including design, verification, implementation, validation, and production support. This is to be accomplished by working under the guidance and direction of more senior engineers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct product design and development following general design guidelines and tools including CAD programs.
- Conduct calculations and analysis using closed-form methods, computer applications and fully functional FEA and other simulation tools. Develop some calculation tools for specific problems.
- Support sales department by providing technical input to negotiations of standard products.
- Support other departments and customers by addressing technical questions under general design guidelines.
- Review drawings, schematics, bills of material and other documentation necessary to manufacture, test, install and commission products.
- Build proficiency and body of knowledge covering more than one product family and one engineering field and related applications.
- Create and enhance specific design guidelines by leveraging own experience and technical learning.
- Prepare engineering reports covering topics or issues involving various products or technical fields. Some reports may be distributed outside the company.
- Assist in the development of new products by providing input on specifications, designing prototypes, devising validation tests and preparing supporting documentation.
- Provide input to project feasibility and cost analysis.
- Provide input pertaining to time and resources required to execute multiple tasks in the preparation of project schedules.
- Execute tasks according to orders or project schedules, striving for 100% on-time completion. Monitor execution of specific tasks assigned to more junior team member. Provide timely reports on project status.
- Participate in product improvement, productivity improvement, standardization, cost reduction and cycle time reduction initiatives. Lead some of these initiatives.
- Provide disposition to non-conformances and participate in corrective actions providing technical input based on established design guidelines.
- Review work of designers and engineers with less experience.
- Review product compliance to company standards and customer requirements.
- Provide input to technical papers and invention disclosures.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
The position requires daily contact with all levels of TWMC and customers including Engineering, Marketing, Factory Operations, Supply Chain, Service and Accounting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in Engineering or Physical Science with three to five years of related work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years of experience using relevant CAD, PDM and/or simulation software.
- Three to five years of experience using applicable industry standards.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
As required, based on job responsibilities, education and customer specific needs.
TECO-Westinghouse’s Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY:
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.