Field Account Exec
Active – FULL TIME REGULAR
Manage relationship with customers to achieve annual sales objectives. Develop and implement sales plans for achieving sales objectives. Willing to relocate to Chicago or Milwaukee area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The primary focus is the OEM direct sales channel
- Well organized and has a systematic approach
- Great communicator and sales leader
- The following are the usual major job duties but this job description does not preclude the performance of other duties by the incumbent
- Step beyond the role of salesperson by helping develop proprietary specifications from the conceptual stage.
- Negotiate motor complicated and major negotiations on a routine basis.
- Assemble technical/commercial proposal data.
- Make customer presentations.
- Develop product knowledge of all products.
- Serve as a consultant/resource to the customer because of your knowledge, experience, and reputation as a problem solver.
- Provide feedback on competitive pricing and strategy.
- Make sales calls on customers.
- Be cognizant of antitrust laws and company policies.
- Counsel and assist in training Associate and Inside Negotiators.
- Develop a proven track record in sales by selling a minimum of 100% of assigned loading.
- Establish, implement, review, and modify sales plans jointly with TWMC to sell and service assigned customers.
- Provide technical assistance to customers in the selection, application, operation and maintenance of TWMC products and services.
- Be aware of, and responsive to, market conditions and competitive activities. Communicate such information to the operating divisions.
- Develop and maintain a cooperative and credible working relationship with other Westinghouse personnel to assure that the customer receives the best possible unified effort and service.
- Become a valuable resource to TWMC on customer needs, market conditions and business trends.
- Plans and manages significant marketing programs.
- Manage expense allowances to obtain greatest return on investment and submit an expense report by the end of each month.
- Support the Total Quality effort by:
- Providing timely, accurate information for order entry.
- Elevating quality issues to the attention of management.
- Ensuring that accurate information flows to and from our customers.
- Serving on quality action teams as directed by management.
- Implement new product introductions and programs
- Collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence data on customer needs, preferences and buying habits, as well as that of competitive manufacturers.
- Prepare sales/budget forecasts and a Commercial Operations Report by the end of each month.
- Provide necessary reports, surveys and marketing information in a timely manner, as requested by your manager.
- Support the efforts of other Sales Representatives by assuming a leadership role, by becoming a resource for Sales
- Representatives and support personnel.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TWMC (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS:
- Daily contact with customers.
- Daily contact with Inside and Associate Sales Representatives.
- Daily contact via phone and written correspondence with TWMC marketing personnel.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- B.S. degree in Engineering preferred. Candidate with other degrees or equivalent experience will be considered.
- Five to seven years with a successful track record as a sales representative and a senior sales representative.
- Be recognized as a dominant factor in the marketplace through professional associations, direct customer contact with management at customer locations, able to carry-over those business relationships, associated companies, as well as, civic and governmental agencies.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Strong communication and people skills are essential for effectively interacting with customers. Computer skills required: Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Be able to work autonomously
- Receives assistance from TWMC marketing personnel for pricing and product application information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company’s (TWMC) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TWMC may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.