Field Account Executive – West Region
Manage relationship with customers to achieve annual sales objectives. Develop and implement sales plans for achieving sales objectives.
- Step beyond the role of salesperson by helping develop proprietary specifications from the conceptual stage.
- Negotiate motor complicated and major negotiations on a routine basis.
- Assemble technical/commercial proposal data.
- Make customer presentations.
- Develop product knowledge of all products.
- Serve as a consultant/resource to the customer because of your knowledge, experience, and reputation as a problem solver.
- Provide feedback on competitive pricing and strategy.
- Be proficient in the order entry process.
- Lead selling team efforts.
- Make sales calls on customers.
- Be cognizant of antitrust laws and company policies.
- Counsel and assist in training Associate and Inside Negotiators.
- Develop a proven track record in sales by selling a minimum of 100% of assigned loading.
- Establish, implement, review, and modify sales plans jointly with TECO-Westinghouse to sell and service assigned customers.
- Provide technical assistance to customers in the selection, application, operation and maintenance of TECO-Westinghouse products and services.
- Be aware of, and responsive to, market conditions and competitive activities. Communicate such information to the operating divisions.
- Develop and maintain a cooperative and credible working relationship with other Westinghouse personnel to assure that the customer receives the best possible unified effort and service.
- Become a valuable resource to TECO-Westinghouse on customer needs, market conditions and business trends.
- Plans and manages significant marketing programs.
- Manage expense allowances to obtain greatest return on investment and submit an expense report by the end of each month.
- Support the Total Quality effort by:
- Providing timely, accurate information for order entry.
- Elevating quality issues to the attention of management.
- Ensuring that accurate information flows to and from our customers.
- Serving on quality action teams as directed by management.
- Implement new product introductions and programs.
- Collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence data on customer needs, preferences and buying habits, as well as that of competitive manufacturers.
- Prepare sales/budget forecasts and a Commercial Operations Report by the end of each month.
- Provide necessary reports, surveys and marketing information in a timely manner, as requested by your manager.
- Support the efforts of other Sales Representatives by assuming a leadership role, by becoming a resource for Sales
- Representatives and support personnel.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TECO-Westinghouse (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
- Daily contact with customers.
- Daily contact with Inside and Associate Sales Representatives.
- Daily contact via phone and written correspondence with TECO-Westinghouse marketing personnel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- B.S. degree in Engineering preferred. Candidate with other degrees or equivalent experience will be considered.
- Five to seven years with a successful track record as a Sales Representative and a Senior Sales Representative.
- Be recognized as a dominant factor in the marketplace via personal contacts developed through involvement in professional associations, direct customer contact with management at customer locations, associated companies, as well as, civic and governmental agencies.
- Willingness to relocate.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Receives assistance from TECO-Westinghouse marketing personnel for pricing and product application information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
Benefits & Opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation package, attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and many opportunities to continue your professional growth.
Qualified candidates should send résumés along with salary requirements and the title of the position that is being applied for to:
Attn: Human Resources
5100 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.