Field Account Executive (OEM – Chicago, IL OR Milwaukee, WI)
Active – FULL TIME REGULAR
Manage relationship with customers to achieve annual sales objectives. Develop and implement sales plans for achieving sales objectives. Willing to relocate to Chicago or Milwaukee area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The primary focus is the OEM direct sales channel
- Well organized and has a systematic approach
- Great communicator and sales leader
- The following are the usual major job duties but this job description does not preclude the performance of other duties by the incumbent
- Step beyond the role of salesperson by helping develop proprietary specifications from the conceptual stage
- Negotiate motor complicated and major negotiations on a routine basis
- Assemble technical/commercial proposal data
- Make customer presentations
- Develop product knowledge of all products
- Serve as a consultant/resource to the customer because of your knowledge, experience, and reputation as a problem solver
- Provide feedback on competitive pricing and strategy
- Be proficient in the order entry process
- Lead selling team efforts
- Make sales calls on customers
- Be cognizant of antitrust laws and company policies
- Counsel and assist in training associate and inside negotiators
- Develop a proven track record in sales by selling a minimum of 100% of assigned loading
- Establish, implement, review, and modify sales plans jointly with TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company (TWMC) to sell and service assigned customers
- Provide technical assistance to customers in the selection, application, operation and maintenance of TWMC products and services
- Be aware of, and responsive to, market conditions and competitive activities. Communicate such information to the operating divisions.
- Develop and maintain a cooperative and credible working relationship with other TWMC personnel to assure that the customer receives the best possible unified effort and service
- Become a valuable resource to TWMC on customer needs, market conditions and business trends
- Plans and manages significant marketing programs
- Manage expense allowances to obtain greatest return on investment and submit an expense report by the end of each month
- Support the Total Quality effort by:
- Providing timely, accurate information for order entry
- Elevating quality issues to the attention of management
- Ensuring that accurate information flows to and from our customers
- Serving on quality action teams as directed by management
- Implement new product introductions and programs
- Collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence data on customer needs, preferences and buying habits, as well as that of competitive manufacturers
- Prepare sales/budget forecasts and a Commercial Operations Report and update on a weekly basis the OEM sales activities, customer inventory forecasts and competitive feedback
- Provide necessary reports, surveys and marketing information in a timely manner, as requested by your manager
- Support the efforts of other sales representatives by assuming a leadership role, by becoming a resource for sales representatives and support personnel
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TWMC (pride, desire, teamwork, attention to detail, follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions)
SCOPE, PURPOSE, AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
- Daily contact with customers
- Daily contact with Inside and Associate Sales Representatives
- Daily contact via phone and written correspondence with TWMC marketing personnel
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. degree in Engineering preferred. Candidate with other degrees or equivalent experience will be considered.
- Five to seven years with a successful track record as a sales representative and a senior sales representative
- Be recognized as a dominant factor in the marketplace via personal contacts developed through involvement in professional associations, direct customer contact with management at customer locations, associated companies, as well as, civic and governmental agencies
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Strong communication and people skills are essential for effectively interacting with customers. Computer skills required: Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Be able to work autonomously
- Receives assistance from TWMC marketing personnel for pricing and product application information
he physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company’s (TWMC) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TWMC may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Benefits & Opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation package, attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and many opportunities to continue your professional growth.
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.