Field Sales Rep-Sr, El Paso
Active – FULL TIME REGULAR
Manage relationship with customers to achieve annual sales objectives. Develop and implement sales plans for achieving sales objectives. Be recognized as a force in the marketplace. Candidate may be required to relocate. Travel is required. The sales region for this position is in El Paso, TX.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the usual major job duties but this job description does not preclude the performance of other duties by the incumbent.
- Negotiate complicated proposals, sales and contracts on a routine basis
- Lead and drive major negotiations on a routine basis
- Assemble technical/commercial proposal data
- Make customer presentations
- Develop product knowledge of all products
- Provide feedback on competitive pricing and strategy
- Be proficient in the order entry process
- Lead selling team efforts
- Routinely make sales calls on customers
- Be cognizant of antitrust laws and company policies
- Counsel and assist in training Associate and Inside Negotiators
- Develop a proven track record in sales by selling a minimum of 100% of assigned loading
- Establish, implement, review, and modify sales plans jointly with TWMC to sell and service assigned customers
- Provide technical assistance to customers in the selection, application, operation and maintenance of TWMC products and services
- Be aware of, and responsive to, market conditions and competitive activities. Communicate such information to the operating divisions
- Develop and maintain a cooperative and credible working relationship with other TWMC personnel to assure that the customer receives the best possible unified effort and service
- Plans and manages significant marketing programs
- Manage expense allowances to obtain greatest return on investment and submit an expense report by the end of each month
- Support the Total Quality effort by:
- Providing timely, accurate information for order entry
- Elevating quality issues to the attention of management
- Ensuring that accurate information flows to and from our customers
- Serving on quality action teams as directed by management
- Implement new product introductions and programs
- Collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence data on customer needs, preferences and buying habits of competitive manufacturers
- Prepare sales/budget forecasts and a Commercial Operations Report by the end of each month
- Provide necessary reports, surveys and marketing information in a timely manner, as requested by your manager
- Support the efforts of other Sales Representatives by assuming a leadership role and being a resource for Sales
- Represent and support personnel
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 standards and compliance with company affirmative action plan and company safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TWMC (pride, desire, teamwork, attention to detail, follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a total quality environment through personal commitment to excellence
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions)
SCOPE, PURPOSE, AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
The position requires daily contact with customers, inside and Associate Sales Representatives, and TWMC marketing personnel
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. degree in Engineering preferred. Candidate with other degrees or equivalent experience will be considered
- Three to five years with a successful track record as a Sales Representative
- Recognized as a dominant factor in the marketplace through professional associations, direct customer contact with management at customer locations, associated companies, as well as, civic and governmental agencies
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Self-sufficient with minimum direction and guidance from manager. Receives assistance from TWMC marketing personnel for pricing and product application information.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work for this position will be performed in an office environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company’s (TWMC) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TWMC may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.