Information Technology Supervisor
Active – FULL TIME REGULAR
Round Rock, TX US
The IT Supervisor will provide the IT group with instructions and guidance given from the Director of Information Systems. This person will provide technical guidance to help employees achieve specific goals and ensure alignment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create team goals and objectives, communicate expectations to the team members, and align goals to departmental priorities
- Responsible for creating a productive work environment for the team
- Interact with customers to resolve complex issues as required, provide technology options, and training
- Work directly with the Director of Information Systems on annual budget, gathering necessary information directly from vendors
- Maintain all company systems to include maintaining assets security posture
- Troubleshoot windows servers, virtual machines, and assist the system and network administrators with network issues
- Backup systems and document server administration process, procedures, and disaster recovery plans
- Manage lifecycle of server hardware & software, including procurement, inventory management, and decommissioning of Windows Server infrastructure
- Design server architecture and plan capacity and performance for Windows environment
- Support end users for Windows workstations and applications
- Supports other administrators by acting as the SME for all AD and domain controller activities
- Plan for and provide guidance to network and server administrators for cloud migration of applications and services
- Implement corporate and TECO IT Standards
- Provide first line support (and all Engineering support) as it is related to IT and the infrastructure
- Other duties as assigned
SCOPE PURPOSE AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
- Frequent contact with IS personnel other than management for exchange, analysis and evaluation of technical information and ideas. Frequent contact with personnel in user departments to determine, evaluate and resolve user problems; gain information about future needs and desires for planning purposes; and communicate to them the schedules, plans and status of the IS department and its work. Frequent contact with vendors for hardware problem reporting/solution; technical/software support; obtaining pricing information and obtaining product information.
- Discuss, analyze, evaluate, and exchange technical information and key strategies with IS management and staff. Identify, evaluate, and resolve end-user problems which affect their use of network/server access. Assess future needs, and requirements for planning purposes. Communicate relevant information which defines schedules, plans, and the status of activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management, or MIS is strongly preferred
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a system administrator or network engineering role
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize competing priorities, and follow issues through to completion in a fast paced environment
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Effective written and oral communication and computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
Thorough Knowledge of:
- Local area network, wide area network, internet, and intranet
- Network topology and network protocols
- Cabling systems
- Network equipment and network diagnostic tools
- Network troubleshooting techniques
- Desktop operating systems, peripheral and hardware
- Windows Network Operating Systems 2000 and later
- Email systems
- Project management and priority management
- Engineering methodology and administration regarding IT
- Cloud based computing
- Server/network upgrades
Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems or conflicts.
General supervision will be provided by Director of Information Systems. Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively and take ownership of assigned projects in a fast paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear, and lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TECO-Westinghouse’s Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.