International Logistics & Compliance Manager
Responsible for the cost effective and expedient movement of goods, domestically and internationally, in compliance with government regulations. Develops and implements distribution warehouse strategies to support desired service levels with minimum overall inventory, transportation and operating cost. Manages supervisor level subordinates responsible for daily transportation, shipping and receiving, and warehousing operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Negotiate freight contracts for ground, air, and ocean shipments. Ensure inbound and outbound freight costs are well controlled and minimized.
- Effectively recruit, lead, and train staff for inventory management, shipping and other logistics-related processes, as needed to support daily operations.
- Administer and maintain corporate trade compliance programs. Prepare and file reports as specified by government agencies. Serve as primary contact for customs brokers, freight forwarders, import/export compliance matters, and government inquiries or notifications relating to compliance issues. Stay abreast of U.S. import/export regulatory changes and proposed legislation. Responsible for managing and maintaining CTPAT certification for US sites and ensuring compliance of overseas sites.
- Establish process controls and provide guidance and training for Sales, Finance, Marketing and Distribution personnel, to ensure ongoing company compliance with all applicable trade regulations.
- Manage customs broker and transportation supplier relationships. Perform audits of customs reports, broker data, vendor and shipper invoices and import/export documentation to ensure all charges are proper and accurate.
- Establish and maintain operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of parts and components and maintaining accurate warehouse inventory records.
- Ensure accurate, timely receipt and delivery of materials and/or finished goods to internal and external customers.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction, material flow improvement and business development.
- Initiate and lead continuous improvement efforts and projects within logistics areas.
- Create and maintain detailed performance reporting for logistics activities, including imports, exports, order fulfillment, warehousing and inbound and outbound shipping. Provide periodic presentations of results to executive and/or corporate management.
- Manages subordinate supervisors, and their respective teams, in the warehousing and logistics areas.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems or conflicts.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in a Business or Technical subject area. Minimum of 5 years of experience in land, sea, and air transportation logistics, including international transportation and import/export regulatory compliance. Three to five years of experience with distribution warehousing/shipping/receiving operations. Minimum of three years in a management role. A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook) is required.
- Preferred: MBA plus 10 years of experience, including 5 years in a management role.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY:
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.