International Logistics & Compliance Manager
Responsible for the cost effective and expedient movement of goods, domestically and internationally, in compliance with government regulations. Develops and implements distribution warehouse strategies to support desired service levels with minimum overall inventory, transportation, and operating cost. Manages supervisor level subordinates responsible for daily transportation, shipping & receiving, and warehousing operations.
- Negotiate freight contracts for ground, air, and ocean shipments. Ensure inbound and outbound freight costs are well controlled and minimized.
- Effectively recruit, lead, and train staff for inventory management, shipping, and other logistics related processes, as needed to support daily operations.
- Administer and maintain corporate trade compliance programs.
- Prepare and file reports as specified by government agencies.
- Serve as primary contact for customs brokers, freight forwarders, import/export compliance matters, and government inquiries or notifications relating to compliance issues.
- Stay abreast of U.S. import/export regulatory changes and proposed legislation.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining CTPAT certification for US sites, and ensuring compliance of overseas sites.
- Establish process controls and provide guidance and training for Sales, Finance, Marketing and Distribution personnel, to ensure ongoing company compliance with all applicable trade regulations.
- Manage customs broker & transportation supplier relationships.
- Perform audits of customs reports, broker data, vendor and shipper invoices, and import/export documentation to ensure all charges are proper and accurate.
- Establish and maintain operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of parts and components, and maintaining accurate warehouse inventory records.
- Insure accurate, timely receipt and delivery of materials and/or finished goods to internal and external customers.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction, material flow improvement, and business development.
- Initiate and lead continuous improvement efforts and projects within logistics areas.
- Create and maintain detailed performance reporting for logistics activities, including imports, exports, order fulfillment, warehousing, and inbound & outbound shipping.
- Provide periodic presentations of results to executive and/or corporate management.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standard, Affirmative Action Plans, and Company Safety procedures & policies.
- Compliance with Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is also required.
- Employee must incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TWMC (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, and Follow Through) into their daily activities, in order to create a Total Quality Environment though a personal commitment to excellence.
- Manages subordinate supervisors, and their respective teams, in the warehousing and logistics areas.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems or conflicts.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Required: Bachelor degree in a Business or Technical subject area.
- Minimum of 5 years of years of experience in land, sea, and air transportation logistics, including international transportation and import/export regulatory compliance.
- Three to five years of experience with distribution warehousing/shipping/receiving operations.
- Minimum of three years in a management role.
- A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook is required.
- Preferred: MBA and 10 years of experience, including 5 years in a management role.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Strong analytical skills are a must.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.