Round Rock, TX, US
Solves complex mechanical and machining problems with some supervision, and implements machining plans. Designs, fabricates, and utilizes a variety of jigs and fixtures for standard machining processes. Has frequent contact with other departments problem solving.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works in highly specialized manufacturing area to include machining. Demonstrates specialized skills in machining and equipment operation. Operates more than one machine.
- Assists in training team members to build to build quality products through operation of equipment and manufacturing technique.
- Oversees product quality by understanding product design and processes and insures in-process operator checks are performed and within specification.
- Operates moving equipment and makes complex overhead crane lifts in a safe manner.
- Works in a safe and efficient method while maintaining a clean work area.
- Meets or exceeds times set for standard jobs. Understands feeds, speeds as related to the machines, and material being processed to optimize the machine.
- Arrives at the work station on time with minimal absences, and adheres to all company policies. Works in a safe and efficient method while maintaining a clean work area.
- Performs quality work and exhibits pride in his/her efforts to manufacture to customer and TWMC standards.
- Incorporates the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TWMC – Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, Follow-through – into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Performs other related additional responsibilities as assigned.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
- Has frequent contact with other departments problem solving.
- To be successful at this job, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent. Above average reading and math skills. Technical school training preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 1-2 years as a Manufacturing Specialist I or Machinist; or at least 3 years similar mechanical experience, or a combination of the above.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with other team members.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers and decimals, and apply principles of trigonometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Receives assignments from team leader, associate team leader, or supervisor. Works with little or no supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk, talk, sit, and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, and fumes or airborne particles. Other exposures include wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
nate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
Benefits & Opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation package, attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and many opportunities to continue your professional growth.
Qualified candidates should send résumés along with salary requirements and the title of the position that is being applied for to:
Attn: Human Resources
5100 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.