Marketing Communications Specialist
Responsible for planning, budgeting, organizing, and coordinating TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company trade show activities. This includes procuring booth space, filling out all show registration and booth paperwork, ensuring payments are completed in a timely fashion to ensure maximum discounts, coordinating shipping materials, and managing all other activities required to ensure a successful show. The position requires travel to major shows by the employee. Some shows will be coordinated from Round Rock and may not be attended by the employee. For these events, it is critical that clear set-up and tear-down instructions are generated and communicated to TWMC show attendees.
- The individual will be responsible for collecting leads from tradeshows, compiling in Excel or CRM, distributing to relevant TWMC Sales persons and then tracking the leads to determine success rate and ROI. Individual shall also continuously review the lead acquisition process for potential improvement of quality of leads.
- The individual will coordinate the content for the sales and marketing intranet site.
- The individual may be responsible for accumulating ideas, writing articles, and laying out the design of the company newsletter, Torque Report.
- The individual may be responsible for creating and implementing company advertising.
- The individual may be responsible for potentially engaging in social media.
- The individual will support the planning efforts for sales and marketing meetings and other special events.
- The individual will be responsible for procuring specialty company promotional materials.
- The individual will assist with the development of product literature.
- The individual will handle other marketing responsibilities on a project-by-project basis as time and scheduling allows.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TWMC (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Corporate Communications or related field from four-year college or university; two or more years related marketing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- The candidate must be skilled at planning and organizing.
- The candidate must be able to multi-task effectively, gracefully handle stressful events, and communicate effectively verbally and in writing with a wide variety of people.
- The individual needs to be creative, flexible and highly responsible.
- Their ability to meet deadlines is very important.
- Expertise with up-to-date versions of the following software programs is required: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience in web design software is also required, preferably Dreamweaver.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.