Mod Shop Specialist I
Intermediate member of a manufacturing team. Works with minimum direction from theTeam Leader, Associate Team Leader, or Supervisor. Assists in training and direction of junior team members. Responsible for overall quality of the product.
- Works in a variety of highly technical manufacturing areas to include machining, winding, coil and other assembly, painting, testing, and shipping.
- Demonstrates specialized skills such as metals joining, performance testing, complex machining and test set-up, and specialized equipment operation.
- Trains/assists team members to build quality products through operation of equipment and manufacturing technique.
- Operates move equipment and makes complex overhead crane lifts.
- Oversees the quality of the product through understanding of the product and processes and insures in-process operator checks are performed and within specification.
- Works in a safe and efficient method while maintaining a clean work area.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Performs quality work and exhibits pride in his/her efforts to manufacture to customer and TWMC standards.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporates the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TWMC ( Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail and Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Performs other related additional responsibilities as assigned.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
- Has frequent contacts with customers through witness tests and shop tours.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent. Above average reading and math skills.
- Minimum 1-3 years as a Manufacturing Specialist I or 5 to 10 years similar electrical or mechanical experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to walk, talk, sit, hear, and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, and fumes or airborne particles. Other exposures include wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, extreme heat and risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
Benefits & Opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation package, attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and many opportunities to continue your professional growth.
Qualified candidates should send résumés along with salary requirements and the title of the position that is being applied for to:
Attn: Human Resources
5100 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.