Motor Mechanic Assembler III
Round Rock, TX, US
Assembles large electric motors per specifications, assembly drawings, and motor outline drawings. Fabricates or modifies parts or subassemblies according to specifications, using hand tools, portable power tools, and fixed machinery. Performs surface preparation and applies final paint finishes to completed product. Completes required quality documents and maintains traceability records, as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following are typical and primary job duties, but this job description does not preclude the performance of other duties or assignments. Flexibility and a willingness to perform other duties, or work in other areas within manufacturing, is an essential requirement.
- Assembles and mechanically aligns motor components, installs piping and electrical conduit, installs and wires accessories per drawings and specifications.
- Joins materials or assemblies using bolted, riveted, or welded joints.
- Prepares surfaces and applies one or more coats of primer and/or paint to product via spray methods.
- Operates material handling equipment such overhead cranes and industrial fork trucks.
- Safely rigs equipment and makes complex overhead crane lifts.
- Trains/assists junior team members to build quality products through proper operation of equipment and use of appropriate manufacturing technique.
- Takes responsibility for the quality of the product by ensuring in-process operator checks are performed, results recorded, and compared against acceptance criteria.
- Works safely and efficiently, maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 & 14001 Standards, and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporates the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TWMC ( Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail and Follow-through) into daily activities.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
Has occasional contact with customers through witnessed tests and shop tours.
To be successful at this job, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent with above average reading and math skills. Mechanical aptitude is essential.
- Experience working with common mechanic’s tools, including precision torque wrenches and measurement devices, such as micrometers and vernier calipers, is required.
- Minimum of 1-3 years as a Manufacturing Specialist II, or 5 to 10 years comparable electrical and/or mechanical assembly experience.
- Autobody or similar paint shop experience with sprayed finishes is preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Receives work assignments from team leader. Works with minimal direction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to walk, talk, sit, hear, and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, and fumes or airborne particles. Other exposures include wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, extreme heat and risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.