The Payroll Accountant will oversee and supervise the payroll functions of the organization, ensuring pay and other functions are executed appropriately and in a timely manner and in compliance with government regulations and Company Lease Vehicle Provides workable solutions to business issues/problems to improve processes, design, and implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Process and monitor garnishment orders and other issues that impact payroll specifications
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Reconcile general ledger with regard to payroll transactions.
- Setting up new State Taxes and State Jurisdiction.
- Operates as the subject matter expert and escalation point to resolve issues.
- Knowledge of employer paid benefits and tax reciprocity rules and regulations, in multiple U.S. states and Canadian environment.
- Maintains payroll information and updates payroll records for US and Canada. Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information. Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures for US and Canada.
- Execute Kronos time and attendance processing and interface with payroll.
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll issues or concern.
- Ensures company compliance with Payroll laws for US and Canada.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TWMC (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail and Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Makes recommendations and advises managers across departments on payroll procedures.
- Review existing accounting financial systems and procedures and implement remedial measures, if necessary. Develop and implement new accounting and financial analysis procedures in accordance with GAAP and IFRS standards.
- Develop, review, or implement new procedures, methods, systems and techniques for processing financial data. Insure adequate controls and utilization of the latest and best accounting principles.
- Maintain rental car agreements.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews US and Canada payroll processing and accounting systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates for both US and Canada.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll accounting software, systems, and procedures.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
- Prepare and provide payroll or 401k support documents when auditors request.
- Work with workers comp audit.
- Manages internal/external client relationships within area of responsibility.
- Overseas all functions of maintaining, Order and Update Company Lease Vehicle.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
The position requires daily contact with all levels of TWMC and TWMI and customers including Engineering, Marketing, Factory Operations, Supply Chain, Service and Accounting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelors (BS or BA) degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required; and four to ten years related experience and/or training
At least three to five years of related experience required, or
Equivalent combination of education and experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- FPC or CPP preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong written and oral communication and computer skills
- People skills are essential for effectively interacting with customers
- Extensive knowledge of payroll functions including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Proficient with payroll software
- A high degree of autonomy is expected
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and support of multiple clients
- Ability to analyze/interpret data and take appropriate action
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Able to define problem, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- General supervision will be provided.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively and take ownership of assigned projects in a fast paced environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.