Power Electronics Field Service Tech
Active – FULL TIME REGULAR
Round Rock, TX, US
Provide installation, commissioning, troubleshooting, repair and training services in the field on high power, medium voltage variable speed drives. Responsible for the planning, execution, project management and technical support of assigned field service projects and requires direct communication with the customer and contractors.
The position requires approximately 80% travel domestically and internationally.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review the specific medium voltage drive design for individual projects and understand the field service scope for a smooth transition to the start-up and commissioning phase.
- Plans and conducts commissioning and field testing of medium voltage drives.
- Provides guidance, support and training to customer site personnel related to the use, operation and repair of medium voltage drives.
- Reviews associated design documents, materials, processes, test requirements and repair plans.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and inspects medium voltage drives and associated equipment.
- Reviews product event logs to identify faults. Uses the log information to identify and propose corrective actions and product improvements, and check product performance.
- Maintains documentation and service reports.
- Composes professional and accurate field service trip reports for submission to customers.
- Conducts on-site training related to the proper maintenance, operation and storage medium voltage drives.
- Participates as the primary technical advisor at customer locations during field projects.
- Supports training of users and participates in creating user documentation including instruction manuals.
- Assists in the development of technicians with less experience.
- Identifies, and resolves field problems through coordination of appropriate TWMC personnel, outside organizations and the customer’s technical team.
- Monitors the work scope and controls costs of field work performed. Communicates any additional or expanded scope of work to the Service inside sales team for commercial evaluation.
- Gives technical guidance to customers about installation, troubleshooting, and repairs.
- Complies with TWMC and customer’s work safety practices at all times.
- Complies with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace.
- Complies with all Company policies, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporates the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TWMC (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, & Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Any additional duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
One or more years of related electrical power distribution equipment experience, associate degree related to Electrical Power and Control Systems, or a Bachelors of Science degree (B. S.) Electrical Engineering.
- Hands on experience commissioning, troubleshooting and repairing variable speed drives and/or power converters, and PCBs is required.
- Experience with loading software into printed circuit boards and changing software parameters on products.
- Familiar with using test equipment such as scopes, meters, sensors, etc. and taking measurements with instrumentation in the field.
- Understanding of noise, dv/dt, di/dt, common mode, isolation, and grounding best practices.
- Understanding of electronic voltage, current, and thermal protection.
- Familiar with V/Hz, Vector, and Sensorless Vector. Experience with Synchronous motor control a plus.
- Experience with communication networks such as Ethernet, ModBus, RS232.
- Experience programming PLCs
- Experience with fiber optics
- Experience with Murphy panels and industrial control systems
- Experience motor protection relays such as GE Multilin and Schweitzer SEL
- Working knowledge of LabView and other control software.
- Familiar with air and water cooling systems. Familiarity with 2 phase cooling systems a plus. .
- Experience with high power, medium voltage electrical equipment is an asset. Experience with medium voltage switchgear a plus.
- Ability to read schematics, wiring diagrams, ladder networks, and manufacturing drawings.
- Familiar with best practices for working with electronics in the field.
- Exceptional troubleshooting, root cause analysis and problem solving skill.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and people skills are essential for effectively interacting with customers.
- Ability to respond to inquiries from customers.
- Ability to work independently and/or with minimum direction.
- Ability to think creatively and provide a solution during troubleshooting situations.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=6cf1abad-3f0e-4130-ae50-1f674ac403b0&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=319429&source=CC3&lang=en_US
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.