Active – Full Time Regular
Round Rock, TX
The Production Manager will not accept status quo and constantly looks for ways to eliminate waste and drive continuous improvement of processes and procedures. He/she must have a strong background in build to order manufacturing and the ability to work cross functionally with engineering, quality, maintenance and management on a wide variety of issues and corrective actions identified. Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills are an absolute requirement.
This is a highly visible role with significant exposure to both senior leadership and customers, and requires an ability to build relationships with colleagues at all levels of the organization. The manager will need to demonstrate leadership skills and a passion for continuous improvement.
Experience with manufacturing and assembly of large rotating apparatus or similar capital equipment is strongly desired.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain high quality and manufacturing yield while ensuring optimal use of resources and adherence to best safety practices.
- Hire, coach, lead and develop production supervisors and subordinates
- Monitor metrics and Key Performance Indicator’s (KPI’s) to continually assess safety, productivity, on-time delivery, quality, and cost management.
- Drive improvement through implementation of and continued adherence to Lean manufacturing and 5S initiatives.
- Assess and analyze current practices and drive improvement.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Materials, Maintenance, and other internal departments to resolve issues.
- Support and collaborate with sales, marketing, finance, engineering, test, and quality departments.
- Maintain schedule while utilizing the direct labor workforce in the most cost-effective manner.
- Establish training programs and develop manufacturing employees to ensure a capable and flexible workforce, with sufficient depth to handle changes in product/service mix.
- Demonstrate leadership and manage the workforce through effective employee communication, engagement, and motivation.
- Initiate and foster cooperation within and between departments.
- Perform other key duties and projects as needed and/or assigned.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
Has frequent contact with employees and all levels of management, suppliers, and customers; occasional contact with government or regulatory body representatives and the general public.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
BS in Engineering (EE/ME/IE) is required, MS/MBA is preferred. Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment, including at least 5 years of experience in a management role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Extensive Lean/Six Sigma experience is required; Black Belt certification is strongly preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience in management of facility, processes, procedures, programs and personnel in manufacturing environments.
- Able to contribute to company success through evaluation and recommendations of significance and substance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Skilled in communication of factual and meaningful information relative to plant operations.
- High level of organizational skills.
- High level of critical thinking/cognitive skills.
- High level of discretion and independent judgment.
- Skill in managing shifting priorities and crisis management are essential.
- Able to utilize MS office programs at an intermediate to advanced level, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio.
Experience in large rotating equipment manufacturing. Motor or generator experience preferred.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY:
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.