Active – Full Time Regular
Round Rock, TX
Supervise the purchasing team in meeting purchasing and supply needs of commodities and/or services. Manage daily activities including requisition review, cost reduction, supplier selection, order placement, and follow-up. Manage contract negotiations, writing, reviewing and evaluating for price, terms and quality of service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage daily purchasing tasks, evaluate employee work load and make adjustments to commodity.
- Identify, measure and report KPI’s that align with the Operations Department KPI’s.
- Identify alternate sources of supply that address commodity delivery, quality, capacity or cost constraints.
- Ensure adequate supply base development.
- Locate and recommend suppliers of materials, components and services with the responsibility of creating and maintaining a competitive supply chain and reducing cost.
- Communicate purchasing policies to team, identify and administer training to minimize deficiencies.
- Supervisor staff and train new team members.
- Establish and maintain rapport and business association with suppliers.
- Obtain vendor technical and operating expertise as required to support company design and manufacturing personnel.
- Prepare order requirements for purposes of bid solicitation.
- Evaluate quoted prices by price and/or cost analysis. Prepare a formal and comparative bid abstract.
- Negotiate the purchase of materials, components and services with the most favorable bidder for the best conditions of price, transportation cost, quality, and delivery consistent with requisition requirements.
- Award purchase order in accordance with established policies and procedures and legal requirements while constantly seeking maximum value for dollar expenditures.
- Administer purchase orders after award and negotiate changes that may develop prior to completion. Resolve promptly any problems which might occur so as to ensure timely delivery of the item with the quality specified. Resolve shortages, rejected parts, and any situation wherein supplier invoices or discount action is at variance with order conditions.
- Maintain appropriate purchase order and correspondence files. Audit these files prior to closeout to assure all required documentation is complete.
- Recommend and implement systems and procedures which reduce inventory and lead-time, increase purchasing efficiency and reduce cost.
- Conduct supplier evaluations for source selection to include risk, quality, delivery and price.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise to implement and improve the supply chain process.
- Evaluate regional low cost and high cost markets for specific commodities.
- Manage and ensure compliance with the Dodd-Frank Act, EU REACH and CA prop 65.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY:
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.