Quality Engineer II
Individuals in this classification may be required to perform a combination of the following duties as appropriate to the job assignment. Responsibilities may include planning and directing activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality system elements for the manufacture of products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and approves procedures, work instructions, and forms necessary to support the document Quality System.
- Participates in the Contract Review and Amendment process. Ensure that customer requirements are determined and are met, with the aim of enhancing customer satisfaction.
- Participates in the Design Review process.
- Prepares and maintains Quality Plans for manufactured or repaired products based on the quality system, design, and special customer requirements.
- Performs supplier assessments in support of the administration of the Approved Supplier Listing.
- Administers the Approved Supplier Listing and performs supplier assessment.
- Performs purchase order review to assure appropriate quality requirements as defined by Quality Plans, design, or customer requirements are communicated to suppliers.
- Lean cross-functional teams in the establishment and maintenance of Process Control Specifications, instructions, and standards.
- Provides technical guidance and instruction for the inspection and testing of select products at specified stages in the production process to verify quality characteristics such as dimensions, material, mechanical, electrical, or performance parameters.
- Establishes program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment, and facilities. Develops inspection and testing methods, tooling, and related calibration requirements.
- Reviews dispositions of nonconforming material and assigns responsibility codes.
- Lead process improvement teams that are required to initiate and perform follow up on quality deficiencies which warrant issuance of corrective or preventive action dockets.
- Establishes the requirements for, and participates in the preparation, review and maintenance of Quality Records.
- Perform as lead auditor for the quality audit program for suppliers and internal operations.
- Reviews and approves written training material and provides guidance to others and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
- Develop and implement statistical procedures for acceptance sampling, problem analysis, and design of experiments. Applies statistical techniques and problem solving tools to the investigation and resolution of quality issues.
- Directs product team activities including the measuring and testing of product and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to analyze contracts and proposals to determine what actions are necessary for compliance with the customer quality requirements.
- Ability to interpret design specifications and drawings to assure compliance with customer contractual requirements.
- Ability to establish appropriate inspection and test equipment and procedures to satisfy defined requirements.
- Ability to apply problem solving techniques and statistical methods for process control activities and the design of experiments.
- Ability to use all PC based tools for the preparation of procedures and instructions, development of descriptive statistics and accessing the business and engineering systems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree (AA or AS) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and 10 years quality assurance or inspection experience using equipment, methods, practices and standards appropriate to the manufacture of motors and generators; or Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university and 3 years of quality assurance or inspection experience using equipment, methods, practices, and standards appropriate to the manufacture of motors and generators; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Training and experience using problem solving tools, statistical techniques appropriate for process control and monitoring, trend analysis, and design of experiments.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY:
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.