Quality Engineer III
Individuals in this classification will assist with management of the Quality Assurance functions of TECO-Westinghouse, to ensure program effectiveness and continually improve the quality of our products, processes, and procedures. They will perform a combination of the following duties as appropriate to the job assignment: planning and directing development, application, and maintenance of quality system elements related to manufacture and delivery of products and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop total quality initiatives and facilitate the implementation of those initiatives.
- Represent TECO-Westinghouse in customer, vendor, and auditor facing situations, ensuring TECO-Westinghouse compliance with the ISO 9001 and other customer specified standards.
- Assist with the establishment of quality program objectives and setting of long and short-range milestone activities needed to achieve those objectives.
- Monitor and develop reports on overall effectiveness of the quality program and initiate risk assessment, corrective action, and program improvements as required.
- Plan and implement methods that measure, control and document the results of manufacturing activity as it relates to quality products/services and processes at the TECO-Westinghouse facility, and monitor/report on the effectiveness of corresponding methods at other TECO facilities.
- Support the purchasing function in the selection of quality suppliers. Perform source inspections and audits, monitor and report on supplier quality performance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analyze contracts and proposals to determine what actions are necessary for compliance with the customer quality requirements.
- Interpret design specifications and drawings to assure compliance with customer contractual requirements.
- Establish appropriate inspection and test equipment and procedures to satisfy defined requirements.
- Apply problem solving techniques and statistical methods for process control activities and the design of experiments.
- Utilize PC based tools for the preparation of procedures and instructions, development of descriptive statistics, and accessing the business and engineering systems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS/BBA degree required. BSEE/BSME preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with heavy industry, electromechanical or rotating machinery manufacturing, or power generation, is strongly preferred.
- Three (3) years of Quality Assurance supervisory or management experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Individuals must be able to perform the duties of the job at a level as generally prescribed and learned by attaining credentials that include one of the following bullets below:
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer and ASQ Certified Quality Auditor
- ASQ Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE)
- Certified Quality Improvement Associate (CQIA)
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (SSBB)
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (SSGB)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Read, analyze, interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis, Six Sigma, Continuous Process Improvement, Lean Manufacturing, 6S, Process Optimization, Predictive modeling, Process Capability, PFMEA, Product Development, and Metrology Applications.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Write speeches, reports, manuals, correspondence, and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to work with the fundamentals of algebra, trigonometry, and apply mathematical concepts such as exponents, quadratic equations, probability, and statistical inference.
- Apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, and sampling theory.
- General supervision will be provided.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively with other area supervisors and take ownership of assigned projects in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract or concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.