Quality Inspector I
Individuals in this classification may be required to conduct visual and dimensional inspection, electrical testing on mechanical and electrical systems, assemblies, subassemblies, components and machined parts for conformance to drawing and specification by performing the following duties. Must be a US Citizen to work on government contracts.
- Incoming inspection, verification and testing on purchased products including raw materials, machined parts, subassemblies and completed products.
- In-process inspection, verification and testing on machined parts, subassemblies and assemblies.
- Final product inspection to include marking, preservation and packaging for shipment.
- Inspection, verification and testing for warranty work and repair work.
- Implement inspection and test activities defined by Process Specification or Quality Plans.
- Data and document control of drawings, specifications and work instructions.
- Verify product identification and traceability.
- Verify and maintain inspection and test status of product during all phases of manufacturing including receiving, in-process, final, shipping and storage.
- Verify the calibration and control of inspection, measuring and test equipment.
- Document, control and identify nonconforming material, product and processes.
- Verify rework and repair of nonconforming product.
- Prepare and review quality records appropriate to inspection and test activities to assure legibility, completeness and correctness of the information.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
SCOPE, PURPOSE, AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
- The position requires daily contact with all levels of TWMC and customers including Engineering, Marketing, Factory Operations, Supply Chain, Service and Accounting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with minimal supervision. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required within twelve (12) months from entering the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma with two – four years of related experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Individuals must be able to perform the duties of the job at a level as generally prescribed and learned by attaining credentials that include the following:
- ASQ Certified Mechanical Inspector (CMI); or
- Weld Inspection Specialist. (WIS)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Interpret engineering drawing requirements as necessary to perform visual and dimensional inspection.
- Perform visual inspection of product characteristics.
- Use required measuring equipment and standards to evaluate dimensional and geometric product characteristics.
- Input and retrieve information from PC based information systems.
Read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and technical procedures. Write routine reports and correspondence appropriate to inspection and test activities. Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to managers, customers, and other employees of the organization.
Calculate percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and trigonometry. Use calculator or spreadsheet program to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, graphic, or schedule form.
- General supervision will be provided. Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively and take ownership of assigned projects in a fast paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TECO-Westinghouse’s Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE:
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.